Two Worlds II - One Hour Gameplay Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
German site Gameswelt has streamed the first hour of Two Worlds II play. Obviously this is German and very spoiler-ish but if you can't wait to see more of the game, head over.
In other news, Two Worlds Vault has some translated snippets from Polish site Gry-online:
The difficulty setting (three available) can only be set once and cannot be changed during the gameplay.
After the final cutscene, you're back in Antaloor and can continue exploration where you left off at the end of the main quest.
Quest markers are always clearly shown (no wandering around looking for the solution) and you can activate any quest to be tracked at will.
Map shows: visited teleports, altars, dungeons and some of the NPCs (the ones important enough to talk to, usually side questgivers)
Another confirmation: there's 40 different characteristics to be changed during character creation. You can also choose the level of difficulty, but not gender or race (those are reserved for multiplayer). There's also no classes, which has been highglihgted many times before. However, there's also no levelling cap, so if you want to, you'll be able to max out all the skills (and skills are largely what makes a "class"-like specialization in TW2).
More information.

Was the xbox version, frame rate seemed bad, world looked big, but it was hard to tell if there was anything interesting going on where he was exploring. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I flicked through to avoid spoilers… thought it a bit basic in this Xbox incarnation… then at about 41:40 I swear it has THAT ARCANIA NPC! The one that features 800 times in G4…

Is this really coming out almost exactly the same time as Flames of Vengeance in Europe? You wait months for an rpg then 4 come along at once… Delaying til Jan in the US does seem quite smart IMO.

Was the xbox version, frame rate seemed bad, world looked big, but it was hard to tell if there was anything interesting going on where he was exploring. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I noticed several bugs. The xbox version doesnt look good at all. The combat is nothing special either. After all this hype, I have my fingers crossed as well. I think the PC version will be the only way to go for tighter and more responsive game play.

The difficulty setting (three available) can only be set once and cannot be changed during the gameplay.
Ugh. I really hate it when they do that. If the difficulty changes as you gain levels, there's not much you can do about it. Guess normal difficulty, have fun for awhile, then get some too-powerful spell and get faced with the choice of snoozing through the rest of the game or starting all over again at hard difficulty.

The combat looked so-so, but it was the first hour of the game and ofcourse, not much has been unlocked (abilities/moves), so it can only get better.. I didn't like that motion effect from the sword swing that in some cases was dark red(?) and very pronounced, looked stupid. I saw 1 bug with NPC's hovering over the ground instead of walking.

I think the combat it will be better than almost rpg game and the perfomance its not 60 fps game but its good enough. in one hour of video i can tell that its mucher better than the first two worlds. I only hope that we can open more houses than the first.

Back
Top Bottom