The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

@Dte..........:whip::slap: (That is from all of us!) @Alrik If you really don't want to talk, that is fine. If you can hear us you can type back in part chat. We have done that before for others.

Last edited:
Since we utterly stomped Shadow Crypt flat, made Nerrazza cry like a little school girl, and stole his lunch money, I drew this up:

Code:
How to read:

G, B, R, Y – Colors of each room, Green, Blue, Red, or Yellow
M, P, F, W, S, H – Type of Room you enter
	M – Maze – A simple maze of bars. Chests are located in the corners
	P – Pillars – A open room with several pillars and Umbral Gargoyles up above.
	F – Fire – A open room with 4 torches which must be lit in a certain order.
	W – Water – A underwater maze, chests are located in the corners
	S – Steps – An open room with a pyramid in the center
	H – Home, where you start the dungeon at

Maze 1
Start – East – GP – North – BP – East – RW – West – BM – West – BS – West – H – South
RF – East – YW – East – GM – West – RW – North – RF – North – GF – South – GP – North 
BS – North – BP – South – YF – West – H – North – RM – East – YS – East – H

For End Fight:
Start – South – East – West – Final

Total number of steps: 23

This will let us get through at least one of the maze setups without too much wandering or backtracking through areas we already ran. Total of 23 steps, with only 6 of the rooms repeated not counting the end run, 9 if you count them. I have both other mazes written down in my notebook, so I can eventually get them written up like this as well.

Fireflash now has her Minos and GS HP cloak. I may change her enhancements though since she has 1 extra STR than is giving me benefit. I forgot about her ML11 STR 6 belt. At 14 IIRC she has a GFL trinket, which will add 10 more hp and exceptional constitution and fortification.

I want to sincerely thank everybody for that great time.

I needed to get up a bit earlier than expeted, because the usual fam,ily meeting on occations like these (Easter) led up to a combined (read: encompassing all family members) museum visit in Bonn, the former German capital.
I was very much "sensorically overloaded" from that session (being sensitive and all that), but somehow managed to draw a wonderful day out of this.
And after that the monthly meeting with buddies.

And now I'm flat. Need to get my sleep back. ASAP.

Don't expect me to be online unless at least Sunday late afternoon, or even Sunday evening/night (local time).

Glad you enjoyed the run Alrik; it was a rather quiet session without Peter, but heaps of fun!! :)

Yes, I very much enjoyed it ! :)

I had, however, problems to understand you all through this constant chatter … One thing I remember very much is how someone said "manyshot" when being in that cavrn with those Beholders. Glad that you had reminded me ! I used it, and that's why I think the first one (?) came down so (relatively) easily & fast.
But on the other hand that was probably the reason why I had been running out of arrows prior to the final fight (that funny thing with the Smurf cap, or so it looked to me. ;) ).

All I had left were bolts for my crossbow - and unfortunately they didn't do any damage against that thing … I could only see nulls.

A great thank you, however, to the one who literally resued the whole party from getting a wipe there … I think … If I remember correctly, there was just 1 person left (I don't remember anymore who it was), and that one had brought slowly everyone else to life.

Besides, I still believe that the traps there in that cavern were there where those yellow glowing symbols were etched into the ground. I believe that each of these symbols represented the place of a … spell ? or something.

And the last mission … left me utterly confused. I eally tried to make the best out of the situation and began slaying those minotaurs in the maze. I thought there was nothing else I could do. However, being unfamiliar with that quest, I didn't know how to get through the maze, and I didn't know about this "spider", either.

Now I'll be doing a quick check to look after my character and then log out again. Maybe I'll be doing a walk in the sun here today.

Edit : Some vague new info on the expansion from PAX : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4397588#post4397588
There are few hints in that thread, some more specific, some less.
I guess there'll be more soon !

And regarding this weekend :

DDO Bonus Days!
Get +20% XP, now through April 8th! Also, the Festival of the Traveler has returned!

Last edited:
One reason I became an AA is that I get UNLIMITED arrows; I can NEVER run out!! You might consider a switch via enhancements. Talk to Jo, she's the expert on all that!! :)

Thank you. Who of you all is Jo ? There's still so many names around … Although I have learned the majority my now.

Can somebody please give me the exact list of feats & ehancements that are *required* to become an Arcane Archer, from the ground to the top ?

Because that's what I have still a bit trouble to understand : the requirements.

The lists on the Wiki are not very clear on that. I have read that point blank shot and weapon focus : ranged are required - but do these have requirements themselves ?

Until later !

I highly recommend using the character builder utility. It allows you to create a build and print it out so you can follow your plan. Within the game, if you go to your class trainer and select the "show unavailable" option at the bottom, you can get some idea of what's available and the requirements for it. Still, it's much easier to figure all that stuff out outside of the game.

http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html

Jo was playing Brialle the Favored Soul, who was the primary healer and CC of the group last night. She's also the only one to cap an AA and a Bard, and is probably the best one to go to for those builds, at least in our guild.

If you go to your enhancements tab, there's also a check box to show unavailable. My Ranger was a Tempest Exploiter, so I'm not very familiar with Arcane Archers.

You can get a Quivering Quiver out of Harbringer of Madness chain, which generates arrows as you are being hit. I found it very useful when I had my Ranger, as Manyshot would tear through a full stack very quickly. Alternately, get 150 House Deneith favor and you can buy 75% returning arrows from the House D vendor.

Weapon Focus feats have no pre-reqs, and I believe that Point Blank Shot just has a DEX requirement. My Artificer carries it, and started with a 16 DEX IIRC.

Thank you, I see it clearer now.

I think that i might perhaps have to sacrifice my "tower shield profiency" (which i had taken because even a long-range fighter like a ranger is at one point attacked in melee combat) to get "weapon focus : ranged" instead. I still have 1 unused change possible with Fred.

Anyway, I'm most likely able to get the AA only at the next level (if I'd sacrifice the "tower shield profiency), because there's not much more I could change. My ranger has everything he really needs, except perhaps an "favoured enemy" change from "monstrous humans" to another favoured enemy - but that doesn't tackle the AA build at all.

Except the weapon focus I have everything I need.

Edit : It seems to be a little bit more complicated ?

This page http://ddowiki.com/page/Elven_Arcane_Archer lists a few more requiremernts.

This is the Elven Arcane Archer. There's a Ranger Arcane Archer, too.

So, if I perceive it correctly, there's actually 2 ways of getting there ?

Requires One of: Bard Energy of the Music I, Elven Arcanum I, Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I , Wizard Energy of the Scholar I, Artificer Energy of Creation I, Mental Toughness, Past Life: Arcane Prodigy

Requires All of: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus: Ranged, +6 Base Attack Bonus

I need the "Elven Arcanum I" or the "Mental Toughness" as well - which I don't have yet. I just didn't think of an Elven Ranger needing to be good in magic. Especially since he hasn't very few spells at early levels.

I have the Ranger AA. However, because I'm a TR, I already had Arcane Prodigy. I didn't think MT was necessary, but I do find it useful for the extra SP. Any Ranger should have PBS and WFR. Resetting enhancements is easy.

Yes, I'm going to see through it.
I've already been planning around a little bit.

Any ARCHER should have PBS and WFR. Resetting enhancements is easy.

Just a correction: Rangers are not necessarily archers. The term has to do with covering a range of land. Aragorn uses a 2 handed sword, Drizzt two scimitars, etc... DDO Rangers are either capable archers with competent TWF melee, or capable TWF melee with competent archery skills.

Fireflash and Wouldii both are melee-build Rangers. Or, rather, Fireflash's old build was a melee-focused Ranger.

Each race is getting a racial prestige line, Elves already have theirs in the form of Arcane Archer. Half-Elves also get it. Other races won't be getting their PrEs until the expansion. I posted a list earlier, but IIRC Humans and Half-Elves will be getting their choice, with Humans being whatever and Half-elves possibly based on their Dilettante feat, Half-Orcs will get Ravager, Warforged and Dwarves Stalwart Defender, Drow Tempest, and Halflings Assassin. There's been some call to give Elves a different PrE, as the race stands as the weakest currently in game, just behind Drow and well behind every one else.

You can make an AA Elf or Half-Elf currently using pretty much any class or class combo. I believe one current combo uses Monk levels and Half-Elf along with Zen Archery and 10k stars for some serious burst damage.

Apparently, shroud mats are considered levelled loot. Solo'd Sleeping on casual, thinking I'd get the pie and a chipmunk funk. Knew I'd get junk loot due to the casual, but figured the funk was unaffected. Wrong. Did get the pie, but the chest only had a locust husk. In the running for a funk and a pebble on the AH, will find out tomorrow how that pans out. Almost done with Wouldii's repeating crossbow (for his next life)—need one more pie (running), 2 funks, 3 small energy cells that I'll pick up on my next Shroud run, and a large devil scale to go all the way from blank to tier3.

Just a correction: Rangers are not necessarily archers. The term has to do with covering a range of land. Aragorn uses a 2 handed sword, Drizzt two scimitars, etc… DDO Rangers are either capable archers with competent TWF melee, or capable TWF melee with competent archery skills.

Yes. You basically get the choice early in the beginning by having to choose between certain enhancements (two blades fighting yes/no, Aerenal or Valenar style of fighting yes/no), in this sense. I have chosen the longsword path, since it gives me the possibility to bear a shield, too.

Two more notes on tha VON run we did :

- I really failed to see a story between the 3 missions I participated in. They are so much different from one another that I couldn't see any connection between them at all.

- I think the problem I had with not being able to get out of that "Dreamworld" mission was that I needed to get back to "Mistress Ophelia", as I call her (Shakespearean name ;) - Ophelia is also a name of a female character from this comic series : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mort_&_Phil ) in order to talk to her. The guest passport description told me that after it running out, "it might be that not all areas can be entered [again]", that's how I have it in my memory. I think this was the reason of it. I was able to get my quest reward, though.

And last, a rather funny remark : "False Life" can be translated as "Falsches Leben" into German language. But "Falsch" also means "wrong". That's why I didn't take the "Wrong Life" early in my "D&D career", because I thought it had something to do with undeads (or even becoming one, lol) ;)

Edit New, Updated info because of the PAX : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=358499

It seems that players will be able to fight against Lolth, and that an invasion is planned ? http://www.wizards.com/dnd/drow.aspx

Last edited:
So then, as Az settles into his new work schedule, we need to finalize our plottin-n-plannin on how we intend to go forward. Alrik might pop in, but it sounds unlikely that he'll be able to abandon sleeping like Peter does. That puts us at 5, and light in the loafers for damage. A melee henchie might suffice, but I'm admittedly skeptical. After we get a few more levels on us, jm and I will bring a little more damage to the table, but we're a little screwed until then (and that ignores the hazards of having the party's lone healer pick up aggro with blade barriers).

Or are we putting the TRs on ice and running mids? I noticed that everyone's mids seem to have caught up with Shadohe over the past week, so maybe the decision has been made and I'm just behind the times.

My suggestion is simple : Fewer people = lower difficulty setting.
But of course you don't get epic ingredients through this way, I guess ?
(I'm not familiar with epic crafting at all.)

You don't get epic scrolls seals or shards unless you run on epic.

The VoN flaggong quests are linked by Marek Malcanus. They have you trying to reform his adventuring group. Since we didn't do part 1, and you never talked to Marek, you missed out on the story.

I of course advise you stick with the TRs, and either run hard, or carry a hireling.

I soloed VoN3 on my monk. No deathblock netted me 5 deaths, but I perservered. No Anarchic meant I was taking forever to beat down the Marut. But she'll be 11, likely tomorrow morning.

All artificers and wizards need to hit the guild chest and clear out the scrolls. Sell off what isn't needed. It's getting ridiculous in there.

Back
Top Bottom