Pricewatch!

Well that is the free engine but i thought there was a massive improvement to the campaign or a completely new campaign that folks play these days.

Nice. I've always wanted to try Freespace. I also grabbed Homeworld: Emergence for cheap.

There's some kind of source port patch that improves the graphics.

*Edit* here -> http://scp.indiegames.us/

Well that is the free engine but i thought there was a massive improvement to the campaign or a completely new campaign that folks play these days.

You said improvement not additional content.

If you want fan-made content, there are multiple mods hosted there that offer different campaigns.

Lots of Asmodee Digital games on sale at Steam

I like the Talisman digital edition, and the Origins (solo variant) is new'ish, and cheap. I have a friend who plays Scythe board game, and the reviews are good - grabbed that. Glooom.... and Gloomhaven (i dont dare touch that one, yet). Lord of the Rings, Pathfinder... there's a lot there to check out!

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/asmodee/

Outward had a big patch and is now 40% off on Steam, making it $24.

I've noticed a trend over the past three years or so, often when a game gets a major patch or additional content, it immediately receives a sale/price reduction. That's pretty smart on the creators to do that, and I hope it continues.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/you-can-now-play-2500-ms-dos-games-on-your-browser-for-free/
Internet Archive has released a new update, allowing you to play 2500 MS-DOS games on your browser for free. In case you didn’t know, Internet Archive is a non-profit digital library that archives digital versions of old PC/MS-DOS games, books, audio recordings and videos.
According to the team, this latest update ranges from tiny recent independent productions to long-forgotten big-name releases from decades ago. Therefore, you can now play for free Mortal Kombat, Doom, Jurassic Park and Alone in the Dark. You can also find Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Redneck Rampage and more classic PC games.
Internet Archive basically uses an emulator in order to run these old games on your browser. However, I’ve tried some of them and the results weren’t that great. Mortal Kombat had major slowdowns and audio issues, as did Jurassic Park. Moreover, the CD-ROM version of Jurassic Park could not load at all.
I just checked if Betrayal at Krondor is there, it is. Maybe there are more classics, but I can't go weeding stuff out among 2500 titles.

Joxer, while that sounds like a great service, I'm curious as to how the save features would function. I guess even if that doesn't work well, this is still a success because many folks will get to try out some awesome classic games without having to pay for the privilege.

Back
Top Bottom