Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath expansion

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GamePressure Path of Exile is getting a new expansion called 'Fall of Oriath' which will introduce 6 new acts.

Grinding Gear Games have announced the biggest expansion so far for their free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile. The Fall of Oriath DLC is going to introduce six new acts, starting with large Act 5 taking place in a brand new location - the eponymous Oriath, where your hero had been exiled from. Acts 6-9 are going to take you back to the places you previously visited, but these locations are supposed to be filled with new bosses and lore and therefore are promised to feel much different. The last one, Act 10, takes you back to Oriath for the final stand.
More information.

Wow! Now this is really something. A single playtrough and huge expansion.
Definitely going back to play the game.
Take note...errm...most of the developers.

This game's content is growing at insane pace.... good for everyone who's able to stomach the hideous animations, ridiculous-looking stances, goofy monsters, sterile acts and overloads of badly written lore. I for sure could not have.

This game's content is growing at insane pace…. good for everyone who's able to stomach the hideous animations, ridiculous-looking stances, goofy monsters, sterile acts and overloads of badly written lore. I for sure could not have.

It's all about leagues, baby! :D And insane amounts of items :D

This game's content is growing at insane pace…. good for everyone who's able to stomach the hideous animations, ridiculous-looking stances, goofy monsters, sterile acts and overloads of badly written lore. I for sure could not have.

So, basically, if you play it to enjoy yourself in what action-RPGs do best (fast-paced action + item hunt), you'll love it.

If you have an identity crisis going on with what Diablo was, stay away.

So, basically, if you play it to enjoy yourself in what action-RPGs do best (fast-paced action + item hunt), you'll love it.

Yup I played it for nearly 3 years however I want coherence in quality, not half-assmanship :) . The competitive leagues are the best thing in PoE and I can respect that.

It's all about leagues, baby! :D And insane amounts of items :D

And your baby getting diagnosed with cancer due to all the grinding and trading, God forbid :)

Thanks in any case, but I already have a full-time job.

Last edited:
Thread necro warning, but relevant: I think this is supposed to go into beta by the end of this month. Has anyone received an invitation?

I'd be interested to hear just how different these acts are - as I'm pretty sceptical they've managed to make 6 entirely fresh ones :)

That said, a pretty amazing update to a free game. One of the best F2P models out there, on top.

Sadly, I don't find the game particularly engaging at length. It just doesn't have the same energy and visceral satisfaction of Diablo 3.

The atmosphere is dreary and it feels unusually repetitive, even for the genre. Hard to put my finger on it.

But, with that said, it's still one of the best modern examples of Diablo clones.

I'd be interested to hear just how different these acts are - as I'm pretty sceptical they've managed to make 6 entirely fresh ones :)

That said, a pretty amazing update to a free game. One of the best F2P models out there, on top.

Sadly, I don't find the game particularly engaging at length. It just doesn't have the same energy and visceral satisfaction of Diablo 3.

The atmosphere is dreary and it feels unusually repetitive, even for the genre. Hard to put my finger on it.

But, with that said, it's still one of the best modern examples of Diablo clones.
There is only one new act. Then they went through those 5 acts and changed them somewhat (different area connections and different bosses) and called them Act 6 to 10

Back
Top Bottom