Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Gameplay Trailer

Just for the demo, maybe?

In the first game,by the end, you were pretty much god with all those mods.

Most demos are played in god mode.

edit: and this is just as much cut scenes, if not more, as it is actual gameplay.

Last edited:
Abilities seem varied and gameplay solid, I´m not sure about the switches into 3rd person though.

What I expect from a good Deus Ex sequel first and foremost though, is good level design.
Probably hard to convey in a trailer, so I hope they´ll release some longer vids covering that.

im wondering if not that gold & black color scheme is going to be a bit boring after a while.. i dont think it looks good ("artsy") enough for such design with colors.

Small issue but I dislike how the hacking interface says "Default - Disable - Enemies" -- that is, unless their is some in-game reason for "Enemies" to be in that display (e.g. the display isn't the default display an NPC would hypothetically be utilizing but some special Jensen only hacker interface).

I don't think all levels will be black/gold - or at least that's what I've heard.

I also don't think a trailer demonstration is meant to show gameplay balance, and other finer things.

Generally, they're used to make the game seem "cool" and "explosive" to the masses, and are not really targeted at core gamers. That's been the trend for many years.

Why? Because 9 out of 10 gamers in a mainstream audience want to feel empowered and want to kill without consequence. It's a nice way to relax ;)

I'm taking everything I see and hear about this game with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I truly hope it comes close to what the original was, but lets just say I'm not extremely confident.

Nah, it's hard to be confident of anything in this industry.

I'm getting a good vibe from the developers, and I like what's said between the lines - but I've been disappointed before.

Even so.... I have a good feeling about this, there's no denying that.

The weapon positions are excellent and really convey being in the game.This is an area that most games just do not get right so its got points for that.I am starting to believe this game will blow us away!!

As one of the very few big fans of the original Deus Ex who actually really liked Invisible War, despite its flaws, I'm very optimistic about this game based on what I've seen so far, and the developers comments on making Human revolution true to the original in many ways gives me a rare feeling of optimism for a new game. When comparing what at least seems to be the developer's approach with, say, Bioware's comments on DA2 and the approach that they are taking with that particular sequel, there seems to be a lot to be optimistic about.

I'm taking everything I see and hear about this game with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I truly hope it comes close to what the original was, but lets just say I'm not extremely confident.

I hear ya.

When I hear or read the developers everything seems to be under control but so far the trailers just aren't doing it for me.

i'm still not convinced this game will offer a meaningful non-lethal approach, but i do think they are trying to stay true to the franchise in gameplay at least from the trailers. the on-the-fly menu/loadouts seem to be quite diverse. i hope the writing can match deus ex 2 and the level design can match the original—that would be a great game.

i'm still not convinced this game will offer a meaningful non-lethal approach

The more I hear about it, the less I believe in it as well.

It's as if they are only advertising how good you might be able to kill someone within the game, because killing is fun in games nowadays. Yuck.

Back
Top Bottom