BBC 3 to be axed

For those of you who know what BBC 3 is, what great shows will you miss should the channel be gutted of funds?

When I heard the news I was like:

[SPOILER="]
birthday-party.gif
[/SPOILER]

How will you view this tragic occasion?

Didn't Torchwood start on BBC3?

I wouldn't know really how to react here. I don't watch any BBC channel extensively so it's kinda same to me.

If that's true, I wish I watched BBC3 more.
But somehow, I don't think so.

Oh I know BBC3 very well. A cesspit into which a portion of my licence fee is tossed.

Kill it with fire and put any savings into BBC4 (which should stop showing all those bloody Prom repeats and make more original drama and documentaries).

Don't have access to BBC in my country (only one pay TV service here offfers these channels and isn't the one I have) then I only know Dr. Who, Sherlock, Atlantis and Merlin (already finished), I guess they're more BBC 1, no?

Actually you have access to BBC channels just as everyone else on the planet over filmon site. It's all legal, but the free option is not HD, and I've written about it here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061228008&postcount=438
So if you want to watch HD stuff there, you pay. Or use other streaming sites like Netflix (not sure if Netflix is available in southern america).
They did have some legal issues over some pathetic and irrelevant US channel, but the whole thing was pretty bizzare so I forgot which one was that.

And yes, the shows you numbered were aired on BBC One.

Actually you have access to BBC channels just as everyone else on the planet over filmon site. It's all legal, but the free option is not HD, and I've written about it here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061228008&postcount=438
So if you want to watch HD stuff there, you pay. Or use other streaming sites like Netflix (not sure if Netflix is available in southern america).
They did have some legal issues over some pathetic and irrelevant US channel, but the whole thing was pretty bizzare so I forgot which one was that.

And yes, the shows you numbered were aired on BBC One.
Thanks, but apparently they don't have BBC anymore (at least can't find these here), and I guess none of the channels they have have a subtitles option

That is odd. But probably is region based - I still see BBC on that site, but I'm in Europe.

And you're right, no subtitles. If you want to watch a channel, you need to understand the spoken language. For BBC subs are not necessary, their shows are crystal clear (except maybe the current Doctor Who companion - she talks a bit too fast). For ABC however, sometimes it's a bit hard to follow. :)
Now I see only ABC 1 Australia here and searched desperately for a possibility to see ABC Three stream because of a certain TV show. It's not available anywhere probably because of my region. :( Luckily, the show was bought by a local network so I can still enjoy it, although later than I wanted. Will write about it in series thread, just not yet, too early to say if it's crap, mediocre, very good or finally an aussie masterpiece.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's about savings… BBC sells their shows worldwide successfully since almost everything they make is awsome. Even filmon has to pay, and we have to pay filmon to see the stream without filmon commercials.
And if it's not funds, it's probably they're not satisfied with the quality of BBC3 programme. Noone wants to watch or buy low quality products.

How do the BBC channels differ from one another ? I mean, I don't watch the BBC, so I have no idea at all.

BBC 1 - Popular programming (news, soaps, chat shows, series, game shows, main-stream stuff)
BBC 2 - Intelligent programming (documentaries, quiz shows, adult series, experimental comedy, review, stimulating stuff)
BBC 3 - Youth programming (anything (all of the above) aimed at 14-25 year olds)
BBC 4 - Intellectual programming (mainly documentaries, but basically for people who think BBC 2 isn't hardcore enough).

BBC 3 and BBC 4 don't operate 24 hours, they only run in the evenings and have no daytime programming.

That is odd. But probably is region based - I still see BBC on that site, but I'm in Europe.

And you're right, no subtitles. If you want to watch a channel, you need to understand the spoken language. For BBC subs are not necessary, their shows are crystal clear (except maybe the current Doctor Who companion - she talks a bit too fast). For ABC however, sometimes it's a bit hard to follow. :)
Now I see only ABC 1 Australia here and searched desperately for a possibility to see ABC Three stream because of a certain TV show. It's not available anywhere probably because of my region. :( Luckily, the show was bought by a local network so I can still enjoy it, although later than I wanted. Will write about it in series thread, just not yet, too early to say if it's crap, mediocre, very good or finally an aussie masterpiece.
Sadly to me is dificult to understand sufficient enough spoken english, written is way better, the same problem affects many interesting webseries which are spoken only

I have bought in the course of time a few documentaries made by the BBC on DVD, legally made, it seems, and the BBC always has had a relatively high reputation for making good documentaries for me.

But I didn't know about BBC 3 & 4.

Thank heavens. Most of the stuff on there was garbage with a few exceptions

Back
Top Bottom