Star Wars Battlefront Beta

yeah, reviews has been quite brutal..... looks like the game is a failure... oo well, not sure how many more of these Dice can afford.

It's shocking that a game made without souls feels.... soulless.

That said, it's mighty pretty :)

I don't get the drama over this. My mom paid $30-$35 for an Intellivision cartridge back in the late 70s.

110 bucks isn't cheap, but it's a night out at a decent restaurant. It's as if people were to start throwing fits over some (for example) ladies' purses costing $450 when others are perfectly good and available for $50.

Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it. Why all the drama?

Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it. Why all the drama?

Because what is a forum without drama!?! :) Personally I like the 2005-ish Battlefront games, and this one seemed like it might be fun but between Fallout 4, real life, and not wanting to waste $50 ... I waited. Years ago I would have bought without hesitation. Fine either way.

Apparently, Ovenall doesn't think anything is expensive as long as it's optional :)

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying 110$ for a great game with decent content - but I wouldn't have a problem understanding the "drama" - as in people who thought it was too expensive.

That said, I don't think this game is worth much. It's like a casual and streamlined Battlefront. Not bad, not great - perhaps decent.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

I bought the base game (for 40€), but I'm still awaiting the DVD to arrive at my place, so I can't know yet if the game is good or not (it seems to me that it's the kind of games I'll like to play casually on short multiplayer sessions).

About the DLC-drama: my opinion is that 50$ for a season pass is very expensive (I didn't preorder the game, nor the DLC), but I'll wait to see if the game's content seems to have been obviously reduced to make people rapidly want to buy the DLC before complaining :D

I received the game today, and played about 2h00.
For now, what I can tell is:
- the solo looks like a tutorial with a few "challenges" (and nothing more).
- the multiplayer is fun and easy to play if it's not your first multiplayer FPS game. The graphics and sound design are pretty well-made, and I didn't feel frustated by the fact that I only had the basic weapons (you have to unlock the others by playing) compared to other players.

I guess you can become bored with this kind of game after a few (tens of) hours, but it looks nice enough so that I'm willing to spend some time pew-pewing everywhere :D

Shame there's no decent single player game. It looks so nice, but I'm not into multiplayer arena shooters.

Shame there's no decent single player game. It looks so nice, but I'm not into multiplayer arena shooters.

One of the mode is for coop-2 players (Survival), but you can play it solo. It pit you against only AI controlled enemies (multiple waves of them) with various objectives on the maps. Seems available on each of the map currently in the game too.

Gameplay example.

One of the mode is for coop-2 players (Survival), but you can play it solo. It pit you against only AI controlled enemies (multiple waves of them) with various objectives on the maps. Seems available on each of the map currently in the game too.

Gameplay example.

Thanks. I'll give it a blast at some point.

I'd still like to see a proper single player game with these graohics, though. Sonething like Jedi Knight.

I don't find the solo survival mode really interesting.
I tried it tonigh, and most of the time I was walking alone in the map, trying to find ennemies (and when that happened, I killed them really easily).
Maybe it was because I choose the lowest difficulty setting ("normal"), but I wouldn't say it was the most intense battle I had!
(Contrary to some multiplayer match, where some players are incredibly good at killing me instantenously :O)

What the hell is going on here?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-battlefront

I never planned to buy this MMO, but only 35% from users? Is the game really that bad or it's another multiaccount trolls case?
Anyone tried the game?

The graphics and sound are astounding, even on PS4.
Ah you did?
Well, apart from PS4 graphics (which I couldn't care less about) anything actually worth buying the game for?

Back
Top Bottom