Let's discuss non-RPG games, too

- Castlevania (I've beaten the first game (NES) Super Castlevania IV (SNES) Bloodlines (Megadrive) and Symphony of the Night (PS1). Some great memories here. Would love to play some more but there's so many of varying quality and it's hard to know what to play next! I still have the N64 game to finish yet…

Kudos for beating Bloodlines.. that game is ridiculously hard. I've finished the other titles you mentioned except for the N64 Castlevania which is pretty terrible tbh.

I recommend checking out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on Steam. I haven't played very far, but I like what I've seen, and the reviews are mostly very positive.

I recommend checking out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on Steam. I haven't played very far, but I like what I've seen, and the reviews are mostly very positive.

Oo. I'd wondered about that one...(as well as some of the other newer Castlevania titles).

Oo. I'd wondered about that one…(as well as some of the other newer Castlevania titles).

I don't really know for Castlevania : Lords of Shadow (I have it on PS3, it seemed nice, but I only did the beginning of the game, and then had other games more appealing to play :x). But I can tell you about the "recent" portable versions:
- the 3 games on DS are good (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia), even though the last one as an incredible difficulty curve (you're nearly forced to do some level up in each zone to be strong enough for the next zone :O).
They all look like "old" Castlevania (2D action and exploration), but with RPG elements (in the last one you can absorb souls of monster to get their magical powers, and -as already said- you gain levels).
- the one on 3DS (Castlevania : Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate) is total crap. By the way, I want to sell my copy of the game, so if you want one… :rolleyes:

Oo. I'd wondered about that one…(as well as some of the other newer Castlevania titles).
Both new Castlevania games are good. and remember to use a controller on the PC. Just a heads up though both games use almost two hours of cinematics to tell the story.

Kudos for beating Bloodlines.. that game is ridiculously hard.

Cheers. Admittedly it was on a megadrive emulator using a PSx clone controller, but it definitely was a tough nut to crack. Castlevania games are quite satisfying to complete in general. :)
I've finished the other titles you mentioned except for the N64 Castlevania which is pretty terrible tbh.
Yeah, I've struggled to really get into it whenever I've tried. I'm not a big fan of the console itself overall to be honest. I do like the soundtrack though and loathe having an incomplete game taunt me for giving up on it. :) So maybe one day I'll get back to it.

Thanks for the tip on Lords of Shadow. I'll have to check it out. Looks like its on sale too…

I'm not much of a completionist when it comes to games, but even the ones I haven't completed (which is most of them) I can recommend:

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - I think my mouth literally was a little bit open when I entered the starting location, Kakariko Village, for the first time. The sense of adventure. The beauty. The feels.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - I love the whimsical mix of Japanese and western influences.
StarFox 64 - Possibly the best 3D shoot 'em up.
Ridge Racer Type 4 - Just as cool as it's cheesy. Gotta love those corny "story"-bits. Solid racing gameplay and tracks.
Super Mario 64 - Still one of the best 3D platformers, IMO.
Snatcher - Very good visual novel/adventure game hybrid. From the get-go it's very clearly a Hideo Kojima game.
Klonoa 2 - A very cool 2D platformer for the PS2 by Namco.
Animal Crossing: Wild World - Not the most deep gameplay, but it's fun to just fool around in the game world. The many quirky characters alone are worth the investment.

Snatcher! Some great games on that list Jaes, but nice to see Snatcher get a mention. Been years since I played it, but remember really enjoying it before RPGs became so advanced.

It holds up surprisingly well today. I was pleased to read that Kojima's other adventure game, Policenauts, got a fan translation a few years ago. I've got to pick it up on Ebay at some point.

Yep - some of those N64 games had a magic that has not been recaptured, IMO.

Both new Castlevania games are good. and remember to use a controller on the PC.
I knew there was a reason I refused to buy the port2scam garbage.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - I love the whimsical mix of Japanese and western influences.
Bought, played, finished and completed Metal Gear Solid 5. On PC.
You don't have to buy, play, read nor watch anything from 1-4.
You don't have to spend a fortune on nonstandard gadgetery to play it.
Forget minimum specs, the game runs great also on weaker machines as unlike Ubi's horrible ports, the engine this game runs on was completely optimized and you'll see no crashes, microstutters or microfreezes.

I knew there was a reason I refused to buy the port2scam garbage.
Joxer their action/platformer games and they always need controllers on the PC. Heck even Ubisoft the developer of Assassin Creed say a controller is recommended.

Otherwise you have to use over a dozen keyboard keys just to play them. The worst offender is the Dark Souls game, as I definitely recommend you use a controller.
Bought, played, finished and completed Metal Gear Solid 5. On PC.You don't have to buy, play, read nor watch anything from 1-4.
You don't have to spend a fortune on nonstandard gadgetery to play it.
Forget minimum specs, the game runs great also on weaker machines as unlike Ubi's horrible ports, the engine this game runs on was completely optimized and you'll see no crashes, microstutters or microfreezes.
Not interested Joxer as that game requires you to go on online just to get the best ending. At least BioWare removed the requirement from Mass Effect 3.

Link - http://www.designntrend.com/article...-solid-v-secret-ending-crazy-unlock-guide.htm

That's not a "best" ending, that's a "secret" ending that very VERY few people are supposed to see anyway.

That's not a "best" ending, that's a "secret" ending that very VERY few people are supposed to see anyway.
Don't care as it's a negative factor that affects my purchasing of the game.;)
What makes this task so particularly difficult to accomplish is that it depends almost exclusively on conditions unrelated to the individual playing the game. In "Metal Gear Solid V," nuclear weapons are developed within the Forward Operating Base PvP multiplayer mode. That means, in order to unlock this secret ending, every single online player on a designated console would have to agree not to develop any nukes in their game whatsoever. Such completely universal cooperation just isn't feasible.

You're pretty anal, I'll give you that. ;)
Thanks you're something as well but I'll be the better man here, and not say it.:smartass:

Actually, the cutscene two of you are discussing is not an ending at all.
It's just a part of MMO addition initially screwed by MMO cheaters. It was set to happen when MMOers dismantle a total of 30K nukes something like that. But then a cheater pumped instantly his own dismantling score to max 99.999 and skipped the 30.000 so the cutscene will not happen, ever (unless Konami finally weeds cheaters out, but they're either incompetent of doing it or just don't care).

The game ending happens within two missions: episode 45 (quiet arc finale) and episode 46 (main character arc finale). These two are not any kind of secret and MMO cutscene has no impact nor is anyhow related.

Back
Top Bottom