Elex Abilities question

Haggler is an extremely useful late game skill. You save 10% at level 2 on anything you buy. I must have bought about 100k worth of items, if I didnt have haggler, I would have spent 50k on gear and another 50k on materials for elex potions and health and mana potions and another 10k on weapon upgrades. So I ended up saving 10k because of haggler. So if you have the attributes to get haggler, I recommend getting it, imo it is well worth it.

I'd say it depends on your style of play. I can see how it would be more useful for people who are trying to get through the game at a faster pace. If you're taking your time and exploring everywhere though, you'll never be short on money.

I'd say it depends on your style of play. I can see how it would be more useful for people who are trying to get through the game at a faster pace. If you're taking your time and exploring everywhere though, you'll never be short on money.

That's true in most circumstances, but players who are trying to max out attributes and skills will run out of elexit fast. Natural elex costs 100 elexit a pop, and I probably bought thousands of them the first time I played the game to get all the skill achievements.

I had no real issues with elexit the second time though, and could avoid crafting hundreds of potions (which meant I could also get the emotion related achievement for being human), and that's how I will play the game in the future.

That's true in most circumstances, but players who are trying to max out attributes and skills will run out of elexit fast. Natural elex costs 100 elexit a pop, and I probably bought thousands of them the first time I played the game to get all the skill achievements.

I had no real issues with elexit the second time though, and could avoid crafting hundreds of potions (which meant I could also get the emotion related achievement for being human), and that's how I will play the game in the future.
Any issues with completing the game without using Elex?

I like the berserkers and probably will be playing as them on my first playthrough so want to RP no Elex

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Any issues with completing the game without using Elex?

I like the berserkers and probably will be playing as them on my first playthrough so want to RP no Elex

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nah. Just have to be a bit more selective regarding certain skills and attributes, as getting some sort of high-end weapon (usually with a requirement of 70-something in one or two attributes) makes the end-game much easier.

The skills that require attributes higher than that are all rank 3/3 or 5/5 (magic), and they're really not needed. It's often just a 10% increase for an incredibly steep price.

Ah thats a relief. I don't mind slow leveling but was concerned maybe you had to guzzle potions. I am trying to stick to some RP I have for Jax in my head.

I think you'll probably have more fun not using elex-potions. That way when you finally get the stats you need for a weapon or armor it'll feel like a real achievment instead of just a little obstacle countered with downing some potions. It also keeps the game challenging longer which is a good thing imo. I'm at a state now where practically nothing is a challenge anymore and the game isn't keeping me entertained as much because of it.

I'm totally roleplaying as a die-hard cleric so no elex, no stealing, no 'underhanded' decisions. Hope I can finish the game like that.

I'm totally roleplaying as a die-hard cleric so no elex, no stealing, no 'underhanded' decisions. Hope I can finish the game like that.

I have yet to finnish it but I haven't done any stealing and been generally a kind soul overall. Been shugging about 20-30 elex potions though which helped alittlebit but nothing you can't get yourself the normal way with a few extra levels. Stopped shugging elex because it made the progression feel less fun, like cheating almost. Seeing as how overpowered I am right now I strongly doubt I will have any problem at all finishing the game. I also play as a cleric.

Aye I had been reading on forums and a few reviews that playing Cleric is easy mode and that Outlaws are the hardest. Guess I am in the middle with Berserkers. Course I know I am also taking a harder path going 2handed sword.

Not true - faction doesn't matter.
No drinking permapotions (not only brewed ones but also those you loot, and not only Elex pots but all that add something permanently) is the hard mode.

Not true - faction doesn't matter.
No drinking permapotions (not only brewed ones but also those you loot, and not only Elex pots but all that add something permanently) is the hard mode.

Actually he is right. I havent tried cleric yet, but from my experience berserker is much easier than outlaw. The outlaws only benefit is getting no penalty on chems while berserkers have all these nice spells like "stunning" enemies.

Back
Top Bottom