Hobo Tough Life - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The survival RPG Hobo Tough Life has been released:

Hobo: Tough Life - Release Trailer

Hobo: Tough Life is an urban survival role-playing game where you play as a homeless person. Play alone or team up in online co-op. Explore the streets of Praslav, scavenge for food and supplies, beg, steal, and do whatever else it takes to survive the forthcoming winter.
More information.

The narrator is so intense, I had a hard time not laughing. :)

"Remember, you are homeless not hopeless".

Reviews are pretty positive so far. I'm actually somewhat intrigued. I just wish the visuals weren't so dated looking.

My first reaction is "What. The. Fuck."
But now that I've watched the trailer, my interest is certainly piqued. More than just a hobo fighting simulator! :p
(Is there a term for Russian jank yet?)

Some of the Steam reviews :
To be honest the game is not that bad and at some point you get kind of addicted just for the fact that you get upset by not advancing in the game due to simple things like peeing or not being able to wash yourself and so you want to try again
I would rather slit my eyeballs with my fingernails than play this ♥♥♥♥ ever again
i'm pretty sure playing this game is more depressing than actually being homeless

On the more positive end:
Hobo tough life is a dark, gritty, and down right ugly game and i love it.
People won't talk to me when i stink.
Still i stole his broken radio
If i could repair this machine i can buy some soap
When i cleaned up with some soap, people were still grumpy af
10/10

It's currently at Very Positive.

Looks like a great idea for an RPG! I wonder why someone hasn't come up with this before. Similar game set to Night City would be great :D

I'm totally buying this.

After watching some gameplay I'm a lot more interested in this one than I thought I'd be.

Interestingly the video I watched was from a youtuber who says he was formerly homeless. He seemed to think the game surprisingly does a pretty good job of portraying many of the struggles people can face living on the streets. Perhaps this game can actually instill some empathy for homeless people in players and still be fun if you like tough survival games.

Unfortunately, it has first person exploration which tends to make me feel nauseous if I play it for long. I've discovered that it seems to have gotten worse in recent years and I stopped playing Kingdom Come for that reason. So not sure if I'll buy yet but I'd like to hear more impressions.

The only thing that is preventing me from buying this is the coop component.

How is having a coop component preventing you from buying this?

In Joxer's mind, games with optional co-op are MMOs.

And he secretly loves MMOs so much to the point of an unhealthy addiction. So he had to quit cold turkey.

I read some Steam reviews talking about poor performance and rigs running hot. Had me a bit worried, but it ran fine on the scientific calculator I call my work laptop. I didn't play that long, but it was long enough to heat up my machine, which it didn't do.

It was also long enough to want to kill the rich folks who were so rude to me on the street. I apparently lacked the willpower (stat check), which also prevented me from proper, thorough dumpster diving. I guess I haven't been on the streets long enough.

In Joxer's mind, games with optional co-op are MMOs.
No.
These are MMOs that had not enough funds for development in that direction or they had but not for the later server infrastructure.
Once you transfrom it to coop, it is supereasy to add an optional singleplayer mode.
And he secretly loves MMOs so much to the point of an unhealthy addiction. So he had to quit cold turkey.
Again no.
I have yet to see a MMO that under the hood is not an unpaid job.

The only reason I stayed for a while with some MMOs was the extreme toxic community. For some reason I can't stop lauhging while reading curses and cancerwishing idiocies. Eventually however it gets filtered or too many idiots banned so the MMO turns into the same old boring grindfest which leaves me no reason to remain there.

About addiction, any, I never hid the fact that I'm addicted to tobacco.
Everyone including me will tell you it's bad. But noone will tell you something else.
Nicotine addiction hits your brain so drastic it makes you highly resistant to any other addiction type.
Not saying I cannot get temporarily addicted to a game, an example is Troubleshooter. I was so drawn in I couldn't stop playing it for a few days, nothing else interested me. The hook however disappeared by itself but it was still fun so I continued playing it.
Why it was still fun? Because of no mmo bullshit. It is a singleplayer RPG.

Wasn't it you who's playing the Chinese spyware MMO? :thinking:
Spyware?
ROTFL
No I don't do spyware. Facebook was never an option.
Ah, he must really hate those super popular MMOs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
Do please reread what I write and wrote.
Never said Infinity Engine is a MMO capable engine. Because it isn't.

I have my opinion, yours is different, neither side will change their mind, fine with me.
Now please find another toy guys.

Do please reread what I write and wrote.
I've read it many times, and it's bullshit. I don't know why we should leave it alone when you get to rattle it out every time there's a coop option for an SP game.

Back
Top Bottom