Winter / Xmas Desktop Wallpapers ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

finally I'm getting into "Festive Mode". ;)

I'm looking for nice Xmas / Winter wallpapers,
especially from games !

I vaguely remember that some game developers did these things years ago ( there was even a "twelve days" song long agon on the Blizzard web site ),
but I kind of lost touch and wonder whether there are developers and/or publishers still doing that ?

Apart from that, I'm also looking for non-gaming related Xmas/Winter wallpapers.

Does anyone have some for me ? ;)

Alrik

Here comes Santa Claus!

2339610-1920x1080-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

oh, I found one I actually like

Saved ! Thank you ! :)

For the pen & paper edition of TDE, there once was a "character sheet" of a demon released, inofficially, and his name was "Zanta Clauth". I don't remember anymore what he did, though.

That first one makes me think of the Krampus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus

I always make my own winter wallpapers with Skyrim or FO4. Before that I would use photos or various fantasy shots I would find online. But I love making my own in Skyrim for the most part.

I always do my own winter-themed screenshots as well,
but i wondered whether there is stil that tradition around of game developers releasing winter/xmas themed wallpapers and greeting cards.

I have a few from Relic, for example (Relic was the developer of Homeworld), and a few from others as well.

Coming to think of it, it makes me wonder why that Blizzard christmas song "The 12 days of Christmas" isn't there available for download anymore. Only YouTube, and that only archived, I think ...

I think that Blizzard was kind of a different developer then, it's almost 20 years ago now, when they made such things available for the public, not only in-game.

That companies don't give away stuff like that so freely anymore - apart from in-game things - could be a sign of how much the "games industry" has evolved, "professionalised" itself. It's as if that cost/profit way of thinking has grown a lot - together with the development of games becoming more expensive in general, too.

Anyroad (as the peaople in the DDO Feywild expansion say), I'd like to get more wallpapers ! :)

Larian did post winter/xmas themed wallpapers as well. As did some others, too.

Sorry, wallpapers (and songs) are DLC now.

Your contribution was insofar unneccessary, as I had already mused on that above. ;)

Back
Top Bottom