Elex Excellent ELEX videos

D

Deleted User

He really knows his PB games, and especially ELEX.

Combat mini-tutorial:

Talking about what to expect with reviews:

I beat the game on Ultra without doing combos and spamming normal attack, so it is possible to beat the game on the hardest difficulty if you dont have the skills to do the combo system properly.

I beat the game on Ultra too and I never even equipped a weapon. I just use my fists....Ok, who am I kidding, I play on Easy or N00b!

I think I use combo's lol. At least I know I am using the special attacks when you chain together your swings and get the blinking message that you can unleash a special attack. Unless that is the heavy attack but don't think so - as the key I press is the one I mapped that says special attack. I don't think I have ever used a heavy attack.

Videos were cool and almost useful. Better than watching some boring lets play video for an hour. Have to admit I have no interest in let's play videos. Can't think of anything more boring than watching someone else play a game. Yet my close friend loves watching "lets play" videos and has them going all the time in the back-ground. He says its like having the cooking channel on. Its nice background noise. But then he is 30 years younger than me and grew up with more visual media while I prefer text and reading. So not a big fan of watching videos in general unless they are under 5 minutes normally.

If the first video is correct, you need to land *all* the attacks in your combo chain for the special attack to actually do damage. Otherwise, its pointless to use the special attack.

If I land all the attacks, then my stamina bar is empty. Does the special attack use stamina? The game does let me execute the special attack even with 0 stamina.

I am all for them not explaining the rules but I wish I got bit more feed back from the game. Right now I can't really tell how much damage my normal attack did compared special attack.

If the first video is correct, you need to land *all* the attacks in your combo chain for the special attack to actually do damage. Otherwise, its pointless to use the special attack.

If I land all the attacks, then my stamina bar is empty. Does the special attack use stamina? The game does let me execute the special attack even with 0 stamina.

I am all for them not explaining the rules but I wish I got bit more feed back from the game. Right now I can't really tell how much damage my normal attack did compared special attack.

I think the special attack always does damage, it's just that if you chain all the attacks together it does much more damage. That's how I understood it at least.

I beat the game on Ultra without doing combos and spamming normal attack, so it is possible to beat the game on the hardest difficulty if you dont have the skills to do the combo system properly.

Actually you don't have to do spams not combos at all past first few fights if you choose to go ranged.
In such case keep in mind however that upping STR is still required for different things!

If you watch that guys previous video on combat I think he explains the special move better. You must chain your attacks and build up the meter on the bottom left. Once it passes the half-way point you can do a special. I mainly use sword and shield in melee and as far as I can tell it does damage every time so I'm not sure what he is getting at. If you have no stamina left or you haven't built up the meter the special attack won't work. At the very start I though the special move wasn't working or I was doing something wrong but it was simply that I had run out of stamina. In the very early levels it's tricky to build up the meter and have stamina left to do a special move.

The more strikes you chain together the more damage you do with the special attack. That is how I understand it. You won't have the stamina to fully fill the bar at the start though.

And by "connect on each strike" he meant connecting with the combo bar, i.e. you can't miss your timing on one strike or it resets the bar, thus you lose your special attack.

Back
Top Bottom