Nyrthos - Browser RPG Revealed

Browser games could be as good as any other game. Just look at Drakensang Online.
It looks no worse than Diablo 3

And Nyrthos Devs

I am playing on Asus Transformer. And would be happy to give beta feedback when time comes.

I did not know about Drakensang Online. But I am a Big fan of Drakensang :)
Thank you Twosticks for this info.
Now I know what must I do next :)
Do you play DO ?
And you are right. It looks no worse than Diablo 3. Looks even better.
Thank you once more :)

Being a US citizen, I just want to know this: why is your English better than mine? :p

PS Looking forward to seeing those videos.

Hehe.. no way!
Actually I don't know if you're serious or if you're just picking on me :) After sending out the initial press release, I got contacted by like 5 people that kindly told me that my english sucks :) Oh well.. shame on me.

We will have the video ready in like 2 weeks I guess.. already in production.

You're welcome!
Actually that is all lies except for the old, grumpy and set in my ways part. But I do like the art direction of your game and will be interested to learn more about the gameplay as time goes by. I will keep an open mind about the 'browser based' part.

Yeah, I remember messing around with DOS. I had no idea what I was doing at that time (just clicking buttons). And a memory of Civilization (the game, not the actual process) brings tears to my eyes.

And keep an open mind! That's one thing that will bring joy to your life for sure :) In case you don't like the game, you can always enjoy to bash us! We are fun to bash.

Thank you Twosticks for this info.
Now I know what must I do next :)
Do you play DO ?
And you are right. It looks no worse than Diablo 3. Looks even better.
Thank you once more :)

I was in beta. And I play it now on and off.

I am afraid Skyrim got most of my attention ;)

And at work :gasp: i am to buisy .. lol

In case you don't like the game, you can always enjoy to bash us! We are fun to bash.

Haha - well that's not my style. It used to be that I could count on the codex to take care of that. But they're gone now. I'm sure that maybe, just maybe, there are millions of others on the net who might want to bash you... but that's a BIG maybe /sarcasm off

Anyway, thanks for all the attention. Look forward to hearing more details on your game.

Hehe.. no way!
Actually I don't know if you're serious or if you're just picking on me :) After sending out the initial press release, I got contacted by like 5 people that kindly told me that my english sucks :) Oh well.. shame on me.

We will have the video ready in like 2 weeks I guess.. already in production.

No, I was quite serious. I moonlight, occasionally, as an English tutor, and your written English is far better than any of my (native) students. Though, it's not exactly shocking to me to learn that there are five assholes on the Internet.

Oh, and I was impressed to have received a personal email in response to signing up for the beta! Made me wonder if that's what the Internet would have been like, were it around four or five decades ago.

I really like the art style. I have many fond memories of 2D sprite based games, even though I admit I am a bit of a graphics whore these days. But good art, 2D or otherwise, and fantasy tend to be my favorite mix. I booked marked the site and will be sure to follow the progress.

I think it's quite funny to see that in the land of Nyrthos there's a place called Gorroth. Perhaps there should be a Corwon coastal area and a dark dungeon CmMarschal. And don't forget to put in a town called Jozz. :)

You need rats in the beginning. I recommend visiting Skovenheide.

I've been a dwarf and a sword in two different games and now I'm almost an actual game :)

lol

Well if the Nyrthos devs had a shortage of names for places they will find a few ideas right here.

Hehe.. an actual Myrthos! :D That's nice to see. I guess you misspelled your name right there :)

That's the problem with fantasy names. Few sound good and they are taken in like 99% of the time.

But let's see what we can do. Any serious sword / chracter / land / whatever name proposals? We can put some of your creations into the actual game ;)

Thanks, that's nice to hear for once :)
And those people didn't mean to be asses, they were actually really nice and offered help for my future creations. Constructive criticism FTW :)

No, I was quite serious. I moonlight, occasionally, as an English tutor, and your written English is far better than any of my (native) students. Though, it's not exactly shocking to me to learn that there are five assholes on the Internet.

Oh, and I was impressed to have received a personal email in response to signing up for the beta! Made me wonder if that's what the Internet would have been like, were it around four or five decades ago.

Hrms wonder if I should attempt registering to the beta again since I didn't get anything. Or do you only receive something if selected?

We do not always reply, so you are probably registered just fine.

We read all the text there though carefully (which is sometimes pretty fun as some people obviously think we do not :) and TRY to reply if there is something worth replying / clearing out / something to react to.

Hrms wonder if I should attempt registering to the beta again since I didn't get anything. Or do you only receive something if selected?

If you are a fan of Drakensang, then you should stay away from Drakensang Online, imho.

Rather try Herokon instead.

But let's see what we can do. Any serious sword / chracter / land / whatever name proposals? We can put some of your creations into the actual game ;)

Larian managed to do a whole new world ... ;) They called it "Nemisis" (yes, this spelling !) after a Larian Forums member ;)

Back
Top Bottom