Beyond Good & Evil 2 - Trailer Breakdown with Michel Ancel

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Ubisoft's Michel Ancel talks about Beyond Good & Evil 2:

Michel Ancel joins Chris Watters to give a scene-by-scene breakdown of the E3 2017 trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Its a shame to see the potential of this game go down the tubes because of the MP focus.

As long as I can play single player and ignore the multiplayer then its fine. If I can't ignore it then its a problem.

Is the first game still good today? I never played it, but always heard a lot about it.

Hmmm, the trailer is impressive, but is like your typical summer blockbuster: has a killer look, non-stop action, gratuitous swearing... and has absolutely nothing to do with the original game.

For the uninitiated: the original one was a quirky, Zelda-style action adventure with a huge dose of French flavor (immensely cute, yet very serious and totally offbeat).
It was a critical hit, and a huge bomb at retail - so it was destined to be a cult classic.
Kinda like the Planescape:Torment of action adventure games.

Is the first game still good today? I never played it, but always heard a lot about it.

Yes, quite fun game, IF you...
- like Zelda (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker),
- tolerate early 2000's graphics (low on poly, high on imagination)
- accept inconsistent logic in a supercool game world (Omikron, anyone?)
- like cute things with some dark overtones...
- won't rage about gaming's biggest cliffhanger ending

If that isn't enough,
Funded by Nintendo
:D :D :D

Hmm, actually, Nintendo is one of the most progressively thinking big companies out there at the moment.

They made an excellent E3 appearance (Mario Odyssey, Rabbids, etc), totally turned the console scene upside down with the Switch, and lest not forget that they funded some super risky projects recently (Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X), etc, etc, etc.

I think the best thing that could happen with Ubi is to get some external creative jolt, else they will just do the same openworld sh*t over and over (Far Cry / AssCreed whatever anyone?) Nintendo is notoriously hard to work with, but the results are often worth the frustration (see Rare's golden days, Metroid Prime, etc)

A good parallel in that both were driven by story, setting and well-written characters.

Back
Top Bottom