Torment:ToN - New Companion and 25% off

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Torment: Tides of Numenera is on sale and has been patched to include new content including the companion Oom which you can find out about with the Kickstarter update.

tl;dr: Oom's debut, Content Update, new bonus rewards from Monte Cook Games, and a check-in on backer rewards.

Hey Exiles,

Eric Daily here. Since last we spoke, we put all our focus on the content update for Torment. Over March, April, and the beginning of May, those new elements took great, albeit blobby, shape. As you will discover below, today is the perfect time to share a first look at the new Torment update with you. This one is all about Oom, our Servant of the Tides... and first introduced back in 2013 as "The Toy".

We have more details on Oom below, but you might be wondering when you get to play this update? Well...
Servant of the Tides Update Out Now!
[...]
More information.

Great, played 8 hours. Now i have to restart a bit of a let down.
Took quite some time i have to say to get this patch going.. including the new companion.

Now i wonder what companions are the most fun and if the new one is more fun then let say rini.

Alright then, time for a replay. Credit to inXile for the continued support of a game that hasn't sold well (and for cleaning up at least some of their mistakes), I hope sales pick up now.

Great, played 8 hours. Now i have to restart a bit of a let down.
You're lucky. I finished it some days ago. :|

And are you even sure that you need to restart? Perhaps your current savegames are compatible with the new version.

I doubt it'll change that much about the experience, really.

Not sure what you guys are complaining about. It's not as if the patch was a secret. ;)

It seems like save games are compatible, but quest fixes are not retroactive. So if you've already encountered one of the bugs that the patch fixes, you would need to revert to an earlier save file.

I should replay the game as (and it's the one part of the game I didn't like) during it's ending your choice affects only party members that were with you. Those you kept as reserve won't receive their story conclusion.

I'm not sure why they added this artificial reason to do another playthrough, is not what original Torment was. However, I'm on other titles currently and Torment2 replay, regardless of patches and "enhancments", will wait.

I should replay the game as (and it's the one part of the game I didn't like) during it's ending your choice affects only party members that were with you. Those you kept as reserve won't receive their story conclusion.

I'm not sure why they added this artificial reason to do another playthrough, is not what original Torment was. However, I'm on other titles currently and Torment2 replay, regardless of patches and "enhancments", will wait.

I got conclusions for all the party members that had been part on my group, for example the multi dimensionsal nano who I left in the beginning. The ones who I never accepted in the party didn't get any though.

Hmmm very tempting but I think I'll hold off until this is fully patched.

The patch DID retroactively fix the game halting bug I experienced. So I play on, I also had an alternate playthrough I halted early so I could acquire Ooom. All good for me!

I was about 8 hours into this game so I'll pause for the patch and restart.
I have to say I am loving it so far. Its clearly not the original torment but its very good. Sure there are some obvious weaknesses but overall the world they created is great. Its exciting to find bizarre items and stories.
The whole premise of the 5th Eye bar complete with NPC stories is great :)

Now if only they'd patch out the silly design decision to make failing skill checks not necessarily have a worse outcome than passing them...

Now if only they'd patch out the silly design decision to make failing skill checks not necessarily have a worse outcome than passing them…

How common is that? I thought the skill check system was a bit easy to "game" so I failed very few. The ones I did fail didn't have positive outcomes though.

Alright then, time for a replay. Credit to inXile for the continued support of a game that hasn't sold well (and for cleaning up at least some of their mistakes), I hope sales pick up now.

I don't understand why people are expecting sales for this game to do well. It's a non-combat oriented role-playing game based in a new, weird, and obscure setting, plus playing it requires a lot of reading. That's usually not a formula for market success. At best I was expecting it to be a niche game with a cult audience.

Maybe the sequel will just have memes and emojis instead of real words.

I don't understand why people are expecting sales for this game to do well. It's a non-combat oriented role-playing game based in a new, weird, and obscure setting, plus playing it requires a lot of reading. That's usually not a formula for market success. At best I was expecting it to be a niche game with a cult audience.

Yes, I completely agree.

Waiting until Christmas Sale for a fully patched, DLC-ed, modded Torment Cake With Cherries On Top.

You're lucky. I finished it some days ago. :|

And are you even sure that you need to restart? Perhaps your current savegames are compatible with the new version.

Well i am beyond the starting area, for the new companion you need to be at the starting area. But i guess a new start is ok.
Sucks for you though ;)

Why not just look at it as an opportunity to replay it down the line with more new stuff to experience?

Back
Top Bottom