What games are you playing now?

Maybe. I don't usually play several games at the same time.

I mean I took just a brief break, ToCS2 has to me superinteresting story and I want to see how it resolves it's just… Too many bosses for my taste. Hard bosses. Not grind2win Dark Souls bosses.
I can cheese these hard bosses with zeram powder or grind overdrive then linkswitching characters for overdrive abuse, but exploiting game mechanics should IMO be left for nightmare difficulty. Didn't expect I'll be thinking about that stuff in normal.

Ah well, I'll recheck my gems' setup on each character. I did get crapload of new ones that I didn't care to check what they do nor added any except the one from fishing with superb evasion bonus on Fie. Maybe I can combine some better efficiency. I'm not touching my Emma build though, just one spell of hers basically does a damage other three characters do combined, I guess I made a good gems combinaton on her.

I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel two on nightmare, and I've had to reload several fights. The last series of fights I did on Friday I had to do a couple right in a row to take back the school, and one of the battles involved using two characters that I've not played a lot, so that one was particularly....rough. Haven't played since then, so today I'm wondering what will be next!

Man… :thumb up:

Well those two are easy on normal, just use S-breaks with 4 party members and they're done.
On nightmare where I expect them to be harder, I'd put Rean/Alisa/anyone in one team and Laura/Emma/Elliot in another.
Equip impede 1 and impede 2 gems on both Rean and Laura. On normal impede 2 is generally enough but since it's nightmare a bit of stacking won't hurt.
In one fight spam Rean's AoE crafts (any 45 CP, one seals another faints) while Alisa casts AoE revive+heal overtime spell (Seraphic Ring) then uses her Heavenly Gift to return CP to the party.
In another link Laura with Emma and use overdrive, while in that mode Emma can instacast her most powerful at that time devastating spell while Laura will boost her up with Radiant Wing craft then pull out Radiant Spin to keep opponents away from squishies while debuffing them and delaying their actions. Elliot will of course kick his Resonant Beat or simply S-break his Oratorio if you had him on 200CP.
Note that I wouldn't go for Rean/Machias ArcSlash/BurstDrive bosskilling turn negation combo as you're fighting against a diverse group, not a single/pair boss. I also wouldn't go evasion route with Fie - since she's against 4 hard opponents there is a big chance one of them if not 2 will manage to hit and kill her whereas her invisibility is of no practical use since at that point (at least in my case) there is no Seraphic Ring gem to equip on her.

If you're chasing notebook achievement, you should know that if you scan opponents then die then use replay option, you don't have to scan them again - the first scan with details will remain in the book. You'll have to recreate links however during second attempt (press ALT when unlinked character gets their turn or SHIFT if you want to switch them with one from reserves).

I'm eager to learn how you'll kick first two pairs of bosses in the "Final" chapter. Assuming you won't use Zeram powder. ;)

Last edited:
I despise Alisa, she is one of the ones I hardly ever use. Basically, my go to death squad is Laura, Rean, Fie, and Elliott, and I interchange Emma with El just to both keep familiar with her and keep her leveled. I find them both quite different to play but almost equally strong, with Emma being slightly better at overall heals. I do often have Alisa on to start, use her Heavenly Gift ability, then park her in the back for the duration, that one buff can give your team a huge boost in the first few rounds of combat.

I hate Alisa's character, but not her skillset.
Alisa's default master quartz passive (Angel) makes her "musthave" against any boss - full revive with full CP back if dies. Sadly you didn't improve link with her (auto Thelas on Rean if he dies). ;)

My bosskiller combo Is Rean/Alisa/Machias/Emma. Interesting, on (b)romance night I didn't have Alisa nor Emma as options, only Machias, dunno how, I missed something, will have to ask on steam forum what criteria is. Reserves when possible are Jusis and Laura. Laura kicks in when I need more physical damage and more AT delay, Jusis kicks in when I need physical shield "tank" which is rare, usually I need party magic shield from Emma.
Fie is my favorite character not only by her character but also by possibility to stack evasion on her skyhigh, but I don't use her generally, only when forced to by the story. It's just… Evasion stacking wasn't possible earlygame so I didn't rely on it like in the first ToCS.

I'm not saying this is "best" or your strategy is "best". There are many options to combine, that's what I adore in this game.
However, Emma in ToCS2… Man, she's kicking some serious arse. Honestly. Whatever party you combine I can't think of a case where Emma won't be included. She's that good and I don't trust anyone who says otherwise! :D

Last edited:
I just saw Laura crit for 98k on a named, and this isn't the first time I've seen her hit for ridiculous amounts of damage. I suppose all of the character have their strengths, especially if you play them often and get to learn what they excel at, and where they might have weaknesses in. But Laura…..Laura the Beast, is what I dub her. No one, I say again, not a single soul comes close to what she can do in sheer physical combat. Since I tend to ignore mage types, she is the rock upon which I have built my church.

Playing Dragon's Dogma now. I may have levelled up my Strider to far to level 23 before dipping into other classes for their passives, I suppose.

Enjoying the open world exploration and the pawn system is quite a trick. :)

I'm liking archery a lot, not sure if I know what I am doing yet with the melee combat.

Last edited:
Had been playing some sneaky evil backstabbing play in Skyrim until getting back into FONV after a few months over the weekend. I just launched the ghouls off in their rockets. I was a bit wtf?? at the whole quest line but whatever, I'll roll with it (no spoilers pls).

A bunch of games actually as I had no PC & internet for almost a year.

1. Elex
  2. Wolfenstein II
  3. SpellForce 3
  4. Endless Space 2
  5. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut
  6. Seven The Days Long Gone
  7. Ash of Gods Redemption
  8. Grim Dawn
  9. Star Ocean - The Last Hope Remaster
  10. Pillars of Eternity
  11. Kingdom Come Deliverance

Playing Dragon's Dogma now. I may have levelled up my Strider to far to level 23 before dipping into other classes for their passives, I suppose.

Enjoying the open world exploration and the pawn system is quite a trick. :)

I'm liking archery a lot, not sure if I know what I am doing yet with the melee combat.

I started Sorcerer or mage or whatever it is and ended up magic archer with bow and dual wield daggers - lots of fun :D

How do you play pc games with no pc?

A bunch of games actually as I had no PC & internet for almost a year.

1. Elex
  2. Wolfenstein II
  3. SpellForce 3
  4. Endless Space 2
  5. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut
  6. Seven The Days Long Gone
  7. Ash of Gods Redemption
  8. Grim Dawn
  9. Star Ocean - The Last Hope Remaster
  10. Pillars of Eternity
  11. Kingdom Come Deliverance

How do you play pc games with no pc?
I moved to a different state and was given a new PC as a gift. As for the internet all I had was my phone data plan for the last nine months due to budgeting. It sucked.

Now I have a decent internet connection.:)

I moved to a different state and was given a new PC as a gift. As for the internet all I had was my phone data plan for the last nine months due to budgeting. It sucked.

Now I have a decent internet connection.:)
Happy gaming

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I just saw Laura crit for 98k on a named, and this isn't the first time I've seen her hit for ridiculous amounts of damage. I suppose all of the character
No, not all characters, she's special when it comes to physical damage. I told you above, she's always in my reserves. Some bosses have low armor, she can lower it even more which makes such boss trivial - her crit 100K plus S-break from buffed Rean that can deal over 200K damage will kill some bosses in one turn. ;)

Played Ni No Kuni 2 some more.
Searching for more people to join my town so I can build and research more stuff. Did some skirmish fights, got some more different units, have no idea what's the best combination if there is one.
Dunno how and why but to me both these activities feel more fun than "normal" combat.

Last edited:
Yeah I always make certain that she has her own buff plus at least one stack from Rean. The only problem I have with Laura is often she seems somewhat slow when compared to others in my squad, but again that is a minor price to pay for the sheer power that she brings.

She is slow, true, still not as slow as Machias.
Chrono Drive her or use Machias' craft to buff the party speed, equip action 1-2-3 gems on her, maybe you won't be able to add act1 since you already, hopefully, have attack 1-2-3, impede 2 and shield breaker gem ofc.
Deadly mistress of doom. ;)

Fie is my chrono mistress, she tends to go first in almost every battle, and her designated offensive starter is to hasten the entire party. After that, Elliott tends to take over with buffs, since he can hit everyone on the field, no matter their positions. I thought I might be finished with the game yesterday, and now I'm starting to wonder when it will end!

In my case it's Rean who always get the 1st turn so I can overdrive right away if necessary, but it all depends on what you want from your party. It's all good as long as you have one superfast character lined up.
Fie is definetly superb addition with her evasion potential, a tip for later harder bosses - some have instakill everyone S-breaks where only Fie can survive (and then revive everyone back).

When will it end dunno. Not at school on those two party of 4 student groups. ;)

Oh, I'm far past that school now, going through some big red building that seems to have quite a few levels. The trash creatures in here can critically hit for thirty plus thousand, lol. Jus found some nifty boots that I really would have liked to have had a day or so ago!!

That's where I am and got against "thief/knight" boss combo. Alone, they probably wouldn't be so hard, but new robots that instaheal them constantly respawn which means you shouldn't pull out S-breaks from everyone immediately.
The second combo feels also hard at first - but if you concentrate on Xeno, won't be a problem (you can use Rean's arc AT delay on the second boss till Xeno is dead by your other three party members). When Xeno pulls out his "bombs", destroy those immediately even if it means one S-break wasted (I've ignored the first wave which was a mistake, but got lucky on second and they didn't explode before Emma's devastating AoE spell).
When I say they're hard on normal, I can only imagine what drag will they be on nightmare. Didn't want to use Zeram powder because I'm saving it for the final boss if it'll be necessary.

As both got me exhausted and I bet next bosses are even harder, I'll be chillin' with NNK2 for a while.
Please, do share if you notice any nifty trick for dealing with those upcoming ones. Bullet sponges… ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom