KoA: Reckoning - Preview @ Destructoid

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Reckoning previews are still dribbling in and Destructoid is the next site along with a look at Curt Schilling's first game:
Expect Reckoning to offer up the full range of expected options in its character creation. Visually, you’ll have control over things like bone structure, skin color, facial hair, eyebrows, tattoos, and whether you’ll be male or female. Beyond that, you can choose from four of the game’s races -- two human and two elven -- each of which will provide a bonus for the game’s non-combat skills. Depending on that very choice, you’ll be offered the option to choose a patron god; I saw a slew of different deity options in the demo, each offering up their own bonuses, as well.

“We want you to create a character that you really feel is your own,” Nelson says of the opening process.

What you won’t choose, however, is your character class. That comes into play based on your own choices, with something that is being referred to as the Destiny System. Reckoning will feature a very traditional-looking skill tree system, broken up into three branching paths: might, finesse, and sorcery. Where you invest your skill points will ultimately determine the class you’ll become. The idea is to have the game recognize how you’re building a character and then offer up the equivalent of a traditional character class.
More information.

I don't know, but this might turn out good. I got a gut feeling on this one...then again it could be a stomache ache...but I am a bit optimistic.

I don't know, but this might turn out good. I got a gut feeling on this one…then again it could be a stomache ache…but I am a bit optimistic.

I feel the same way. It looks like it has the potential to be pretty solid, but there's a few things that I'm concerned about as well. Cautiously optimistic so far.

It's a weird mix of people involved...but yeah...

Kind of feel like you guys do....hoping its decent.

I like the sound of a wide open exploreable world, not sure what I think about the combat or the look of the graphics....

Plus Kurt is a big MMO fan so that doesn't bode well I think.

Kind of feel like you guys do….hoping its decent.

I like the sound of a wide open exploreable world, not sure what I think about the combat or the look of the graphics….

Well as long as we don't have to get 10 of this then 20 of that I will be happy:)

As far as I know, they are also developing an MMO set in the same world. This project is seperate though.

Kind of feel like you guys do….hoping its decent.

I like the sound of a wide open exploreable world, not sure what I think about the combat or the look of the graphics….

It started as MMO...sort of. This single player game is actually the "merge" of the single player game Ken Rolston was making with another company and the MMO universe Kurt, Todd McFarlane (mostly known for Spawn) and R.A. Salvatore were working on.

It could be really good or a BIG turd. It's definitively going to be an action RPG.

It definitely looks like a promising title. I love the works of both Salvatore and McFarlane. This means game's art and story design have a strong chance of being solid. Apart from that Ken Rolston is in the driver seat and he stated that there won't be any level scaling in the game. Also with EA at their back guaranteed more than enough cash will flow for the game. And the very thought of combining Elder Scrolls with God Of War is simply awesome. God Of War is the greatest action game I have ever played, especially the third game (I borrowed my friend's PS3 for that masterpiece).

But of course only thing that we have seen so far are their big talks and a few screenshots. We all know that in history, greatest promising titles like this went down to hell (ex: Dungeon Lords, Hellgate London) I sincerely hope they won't screw this and we're going to witness the born of a new RPG series.

Back
Top Bottom