Dungeon Lords MMXII - D.W. Bradley Returns

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I kid you not. Nordic Games sent us this press release, announcing an "updated", "HD remake" release of D.W. Bradley's Dungeon Lords:

Nordic Games joins forces with RPG mastermind D.W. Bradley and Heuristic Park
VIENNA, AUSTRIA (April 13 2012) - Nordic Games proudly announces its latest cooperation with D.W. Bradley and Heuristic Park. D. W. Bradley, famous for creating three of the legendary Wizardry titles (Wizardry V – Heart of the Maelstrom, Wizardry VI – Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Wizardry VII – Crusaders of the Dark Savant) and the epic 3D Fantasy RPG Wizards & Warriors, is creating a new Re-master of his epic RPG-classic game, Dungeon Lords. The title of the remake: Dungeon Lords MMXII.

„It is a great opportunity to work on the Re-Master of Dungeon Lords with Mr. Bradley himself. We will deliver a hardcore RPG experience to old as well as new fans. We think that our gameplay changes will deliver new fun and excitement, all in Full HD”, comments Gennaro “Genna” Giani, Producer at Nordic Games.

"I'm delighted to be working with Nordic on the new re-master of Dungeon Lords MMXII, it's a rare opportunity for an author. Dungeon Lords is pure and true RPG, there are no mindless quests to kill 20 of these and find 12 of those, at least not without giving you a very good reason for it. The story is full of plot twists and turns, players must stay alert and use their wits to solve the puzzles, and monsters don't like intruders. The new magic and action system makes the game sizzle with fun, and I'm excited to be pumping it up and bringing this epic RPG experience to a new generation of gamers..." comments D.W.Bradley the author of Dungeon Lords.
Features:

• Co-op story mode for up to 8 players and full single-player game experience
  • 50-70 hours
  • Completely reworked intuitive Graphic User Interface
  • New Multiplayer Features
  • Dual Switchable Interface Modes (supports Hot-Key action play and Point&Click play)
  • Updated full hardware Screen Resolution support (16:10, 16:9, 1920x1080 etc.)
  • New quick-start Hero character creation system
  • All new Magic system including new Magic Spells
  • New Hero Classes, new and improved Class Skills, and new unique Class action abilities
  • New Character Advancement and Level Up with auto-learn Magic system
  • All new Quest and Log System
  • New Mini Map and Full Map Screens
  • Full World and Character Re-mastering for enhanced gameplay experience
  • New dynamic Treasure & Equipment generation, featuring Uncommon, Rare & Epic items
  • New Inventory and Loot Bag System
  • Improved Graphic & Visual Enhancements
  • Newly Re-Mastered Audio sounds and speech
More information.

DW Bradley has lost all credibility with me. I can't believe the guy takes himself seriously any more - let alone a developer would !

Ah well, who knows... maybe there is a slim (1%) chance that this will be worth looking at - but I doubt it.

Couldn't believe this was posted here - especially after the repeated bombs this guy has released.

I'm one of the 3 people who actually liked Dungeon Lords, so I think this is good news.

I understand that players of the original were not pleased at having to buy it twice to get some bug fixes, but when I look past that there is a lot about the game that I like. It wasn't afraid to offer a wide array of skills, stats and classes to choose from, and it's one of those games that I enjoyed playing over and over again to try various different character builds.

And now we can buy it a third time! Yay!!

Hmm…I don't see the following bullet points:

* Skills actually work this time
* No, really, they do
* …we promise
* Now with actual furniture
* And interesting characters
* …in fact, NPCS other than the first town we finished

I've said enough about the character system, so I'll leave that alone.

And here I was thinking for a split second that Might and Magic 12 was called Dungeon Lords. (Yes I know there is no MMX or MMXI).

You have got to be joking. That steaming pile of dung? The most awful excuse for a game, updated? You mean actually finished and functional? My aching ass.

I'm also one of the three people to loved Dungeon Lords. I'll buy it!

I really enjoy non-mmo coop multiplayer. For me, playing with my brother or friends makes a game more enjoyable than single player games, even if they are Risen, Skyrim, and Dragon Age.

Craig

The press release obviously came 12 days late ... ;)

What ever happened to 'The Orb & The Oracle', the expansion/sequel ?

Now they are just tweaking, adding HD textures and calling it new?

Oh well, as I said in the DL thread, I enjoyed it enough that even though I feel betrayed I will likely buy again.

The way the press release read I thought this might be a game from the 90's that I missed. Nope! 2005! The gameranking sure stank, though.

@Arundor: I think there's 4 of us. Maybe we should start call ourselves "The 4", kind of like "the 1%".

@Dhruin: don't forget "Compatible with cutting edge Alt+Tab Windows functionality!"

@Mike: from wikipedia: "Dungeon Lords: The Orb and the Oracle, the sequel to Dungeon Lords, was in development with expected release in Q4, 2009. It has since been put on hold indefinitely due to market research results and game engine instability. Later the game was cancelled and replaced with Dungeon Lords MMXII."

News items rarely make me want to vomit, but this one did!! NOTHING would convince me to either buy or play this; life is far too short, especially at my age!!

Why did nordic games sign up for this? perhaps they need to make their balance sheet even to avoid taxes….

It took me 6 months of forcing myself to finish the original. It would take a miracle to make me even play this again.

I liked Dungeon Lords for some reason, and I think this could be interesting. It would make for a pretty unique cooperative experience - and I can't get enough of that.

Why is this the game that refuses to die?

Couldn't they remaster Wizards and Warriors instead?

I cant belive there are others that actualy liked dungeon lords. Count me in!

How surprising----this would be like if Etrom got a second chance at life from those few years back when the devs were hoping for an investor to manifest so they could take a giant whack at things left undone or poorly done.

Back
Top Bottom