The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Dream Theater is releasing a new album by the end of September. Here's a recently released track from the album.

Sounds a bit more metal than what they did on A Dramatic Turn of Events, more like Systematic Chaos, which is fine with me, my favourite albums are their heavier ones.

pibbur, as he is

I've been taping 120 Minutes on VH1 for a few weeks now (no, it's not re-runs of the MTV show, it's mostly obscure 80s vids). Mostly, my girls hate the stuff. Imagine my surprise (and just a bit of pride) when they suddenly decided this video was all kinds of cool:
Not telling ya.. :)

I've been taping 120 Minutes on VH1 for a few weeks now (no, it's not re-runs of the MTV show, it's mostly obscure 80s vids). Mostly, my girls hate the stuff. Imagine my surprise (and just a bit of pride) when they suddenly decided this video was all kinds of cool:
Not telling ya.. :)

That is one I have had on MP3 players since the late 90s ... and it definitely impacted my younger son who now is really focused on electronic music production ...

I find it sad that VH1's "Storyteller" programme doesn't exist in German TV.
And Germans don't know it anyway, because it never went here (into Germany).
Does this programme exist on DVD ?

So, I found that one of my favourite bands is FINALLY in/on Wikipedia as well : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Daddy_(band)

I consider myself to be insanely lucky to be able to have found a few of their records in the past (2 albums + 2 singles) here in Germany.

Both Sides Of The Story (demo), a sad and bitter song by Phil Collins about war and terrorism, which sounds far, far more aggressive in the finished version - which doesn't seem to exist on YouTube.

We wait, and we wonder , a similar song by him, this time from his official YouTube channel.

I've been playing the NIN album pretty constantly since a live stream of it went up a few days ago. Great to have them back.

I've been looking for some good female-fronted hard occult-based rock. Like Blood Ceremony, that's really the last good female fronted cult-rock I discovered. Tho Purson is not really heavy on the occult stuff, i can still recommend them. They have a very distinct sound, and have grown on me. Devil's Blood tho, wow..

They sound like a mix of Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull. Strange, but I like it.

@Gloo
Julie Fowlis singing in Scottish Gaelic - fantastic!
Yep ! How can a person be so insanely gifted !? She's young, beautiful, intelligent and talented while so many don't have a small piece of that ! It's almost unfair :) I'm currently trying to learn Gaelic (both Scotish and Irish) and often wish I could have a teacher like her… that would greatly help boosting my progress ! ;)

That reminds me so much of The Cocteau twins and that's the reason why I love them so much.

I'm currently totally hooked by "Maybe a price to pay" by The Alan Parsons Project. I'm buying the remasters again.

"I Robot" by them is going to be released as an "Legacy Edition" - don't know why.

Probably for the "new" bonus tracks on the second CD. This track alone puts I, Robot in the classic category.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oAuba3Ekg

Although I have all the older albums on vinyl, I haven't listened to them in decades. Thanks for the brain tickler. :) I may need to get digital versions now if they have been remastered well.

Also, with the announcement of Voyager officially leaving the solar system, this seems apropos. :)

Back
Top Bottom