Gothic 3 using scrolls?

rpgdude

Watchdog
Archer with mana = 120 and has 2 rings each +10 mana. I want to open imposssible lock with a scroll which requires 180 mana. I drunk a mana potion (50%) then left click. Didn't work. Is it because I don't have enough mana?

It would be very hard for a non-mage to use that scroll. Who want to invest XP to raise mana to 180? Is there another way?

Don't think so... Those impossible lock chests only contain money IIRC so they're not that important.

I'm playing a mage and I'm using these scrolls all the time. Learning a skill for a couple of chests isn't really worth it, I think.

It would be very hard for a non-mage to use that scroll. Who want to invest XP to raise mana to 180? Is there another way?

Sure. Invest in thieving. <grin>

Still, I've never opened those chests, only going as far as "open difficult locks".

So the patch upped mana requirements for scrolls?

Then I dont really get what the thread is about. In 1.6 and earlier you could use the open lock scrolls without investing any LP in mana.

No, Zaleukos, it's only a requirement for the books, not for the scrolls. (at least I think so)

So what was the requirement in 1.6 for using the scroll? Is it the same as mana = 180?

In 1.6 and earlier you could use the open lock scrolls without investing any LP in mana.

I believe it isn't due to any patch at all. The requirement for mana of open lock scroll differs greatly depending on the role you play. For mages, mana=20, for archer mana=180. I just found out when I started playing mage.

Forget about the above statement, since it is not accurate And to answer to Zaleukos ' question:

So the patch upped mana requirements for scrolls?

the answer is, it is not the patch itself but if you turn on the AB then your mana requirment will shoot up from mana=20 to mana=180 for this particular scroll

I found it out by playing an archer with AB on at first, then later I played it with AB off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom