RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Hello, I've got kind of a feature request :

We have some very good discussions in the "News comments" area. I believe that some of them are worth to be preserved, and not to become hidfden beneath the heap of newer "News Comments" in the course of the following years.

Therefore I believve that kind of an symbolic link - at least - in a part of the RPGWatch forums would be a good idea. Or kind of an index to the "most memorable discussions". ;)

I'm writing this with especially having the current TB vs. RT debate in mind.

Sounds like a good idea; I know how difficult finding a link to something you remember reading can be. I'd think that such a thing would be fairly easy to implement if there is a demand for it, but that would be up to the admins to decide!!

A great idea indeed from Alrik'

A chest full of discussive gems all in one place could be kept forever, a kind of reference library - but would the topic threads be locked or open, or maybe amendable with editors permission only... to keep them gaffiti free and preserved?

Well, I could imagine kind of an own forum area ... like "best of" or so. ;)

Well, and another idea would be to move these discussions into that special area after a certain time of "time-out", that means when no-one posts anymore, or x months or years have passed since the initial discussion began.

Well, and another idea would be to move these discussions into that special area after a certain time of "time-out", that means when no-one posts anymore, or x months or years have passed since the initial discussion began.

If you do that, then how can people expect to put others down with "RTFM, n00b" or "use teh serch butn lamerz" ;)

It happens here, too. Forums are auto-pruned, old discussions moved to archives.

Hi,

I have a feature request. Could it be possible for you to make a link in the "Games" menu for a page that contains all the games that RPG/MMOWatch "watch"?
I often miss the possibility of viewing the information related to a specific game and the only way to access a game's page is when news about it is covered.
And perhaps that is the reason why there's only one "Games Comments" thread. Because why use the games comments page, when there's a news comments page competing with it.

Just a thought I've been meaning to share in a long time.

Last edited:
Working on the Database will likely be our next order of business, which should give you more of what you want.

Added PictureWatch to the front page. It is updated every 15 minutes.

Wiki spam

Is it just me or is the Wiki full of spam?

I believe that is an issue we are attempting to deal with, but the nature of Wikis makes it difficult. With a very small volunteer staff, the Wiki takes a low priority. Assistance is always welcome!! :)

I´ve reloaded an older wiki front page and disabled comments. Furthermore the main page can no longer be edited.

Does the information on the Games themselves link back to their news comments threads? I remember the Dot had histories in the databases.

Can we make a separate forum for games that are not RPG? It would seem a happy middle ground between RPG discussion and Off Topic.

edit:
I see the one in Featured Games but that seems geared for the reviews.

Can we make a separate forum for games that are not RPG? It would seem a happy middle ground between RPG discussion and Off Topic.
Oh yes, fine with me. Opinions?

We do have a virtually unused Games Comments forum??

Back
Top Bottom