HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Yemeth spotted an upcoming DLC for Outward - The Three Brothers:

NEW OUTWARD DLC - "The Three Brothers"

Dear adventurers,

the time has come. The world of Aurai has opened its gates & the path leads to "Caldera".

Outward's second DLC "The Three Brothers" opens up a new region & will be filled with new quests, skills, weapons, recipes, and a city-building mechanic!

Get ready to continue your adventure in December!
More information.

Hmm didn't know more DLC was getting released thanks @yemeth.

I also found this on Gamasutra.

Link - https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/372715/NEW_OUTWARD_DLC__The_Three_Brothers.php
Munich, Germany – October 28, 2020 - Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio are excited to announce the second DLC for their uncompromising RPG Outward, The Three Brothers

The gates are opening and the path leads to “Caldera”, an entirely new region in the world of Aurai which is full of new adventures, dangers and secrets to explore!

Play an important role in the timeline of Aurai and join the rebuilding efforts of old Sirocco refugee camp by providing the pitiable folks there a new place to call home, a new Sirocco. Filled with new quests, skills, weapons, recipes and pets, The Three Brothers DLC promises a raft of fresh content for the intrepid adventurer.

Check-out below for a few of the new features, more to follow soon:

• City Building Mechanic: Rebuilding Sirocco Create your own landmark in Aurai by helping the population to survive in this ruthless world! With the new City Building mechanic, you are part of rebuilding the Refugee Camp into New Sirocco.
  • New Area: CalderaAurai is expanding and Caldera is more than just a new landscape. New dungeons, quests and locations make it a treasure trove for every adventurer! 
  • New Skills, Weapons and many more
One new skill tree, Grenades and numerous possibilities to enchant your weapons, give you the tools to be more creative when it comes to the fight for survival! Forge your own unique combat style!

Relight your lantern and prepare to hit the road once again this December, 2020!

I was looking forward to trying Outward again with the additional content from the first DLC (I didn't care for it at release). Looks like I'll be waiting a little longer now.

My wife and I started to play this co-op but she has an unfortunate thing with first-person games in general... they make her seasick. (Seriously. She just gets nauseous looking at the screen in almost any first-person type game; which is why she usually sticks to isometric games and ARPGs like Grim Dawn. She's even tried Dramamine to prevent it, but that just knocks her out/sedates her to the point where she wants to sleep instead of play games.)

I need to give this a go on my own at some point. I recall it was quite challenging and I liked what little I played.

My wife and I started to play this co-op but she has an unfortunate thing with first-person games in general… they make her seasick. (Seriously. She just gets nauseous looking at the screen in almost any first-person type game; which is why she usually sticks to isometric games and ARPGs like Grim Dawn. .

Are you sure you're not getting this confused with another game? Outward doesn't have a first-person mode. It plays entirely in third-person.

Are you sure you're not getting this confused with another game? Outward doesn't have a first-person mode. It plays entirely in third-person.

Nah, not confused. There aren't too many split-screen co-op RPGs out there. Outward is fairly unique. A lot of third-person games have the same effect on her, it has to do with the motion of the screen; hence her preference for 2D games and isometric games etc. First-person games are just probably the worst in that aspect, as far as she's concerned.

I am always mixing this game up with Outer Worlds. I thought at first it was for that game until I saw JD mention it was third person only and OW is first person only :p

Here you go since none of this gets posted on the main page.:)

OUTWARD - Dev Diary #7 - The Three Brothers

Dive into our latest Dev Diary for Outward with Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, CEO at NineDots. There is more than destruction on the path of an adventurer, the time for rebuilding has come in this latest DLC for Outward - The Three Brothers!
Outward also sold sold more than 1 million.
It's hard to find the words to say when something that seemed impossible happens to you. After flopping with our two previous titles, I had very conservative expectations and thought selling 100,000 copies would be a great step up from our previous attempts. To have sold ten times that is surreal. Outward isn't a perfect game, though it has a lot of heart. And we had more heart than resources when we began work on Outward. Now we have experience, an audience, and more resources than ever before. I'm excited to think about what comes next.

Back
Top Bottom