C2077 Is it playable?

Cyberpunk 2077
I was planning on waiting for patches and polish/improvements anyway, and getting a new laptop gaming computer to play it, so I guess I won't be able to play it at all on my current laptop. Because I got an email from CDProjectRed support in reply to an email I sent them on their support site telling them how the game won't start on my computer, and included a dxdiag file.

They said my video card isn't good enough to run the game. I looked at their minimum spec video card and compared it to what I have, and its indeed more powerful than mine, but its pretty close. Like, only a 500 point difference on the passmark video card score chart (which isn't very much, there are cards with thousands of points of differences, for example)

Its weird because I have seen forum threads in steam with people who had around my video card saying they can run the game, but oh well.

Maybe a future patch/video card driver will help, but looks like I might not be able to play until I get that new computer, its ok though, got plenty of other games to play, and as you guys said, the state of the game will be a lot better then anyway.

EDIT: Will make this shorter and simply say people rate games differently and thus will have different expectations. For me my expectations were low based on first person and GTA5 comparisons (and I think GTA5 is a shit game).

So the game itself has blown all my expectations out of the water. Its a work of art and completely into the story, world, characters, and atmosphere.

Last edited:
One thing I really like is how well they've blended scripted missions with player freedom. In most games of this ilk, I'm scared to move a muscle out of place for fear of breaking it. In Cyberpunk, I can move away from people and back to them, pick stuff up, go a different route than them, etc and nothing derails the scene. It makes some of the set pieces really great. The Panam Palmer quest chain is one of the best I've so far encountered.

I am dying a loooot, I am playing on hard so that might have something to do with it, I am a bit surprised though as all The Witcher games were super easy even on hardest setting.

I am dying a loooot, I am playing on hard so that might have something to do with it, I am a bit surprised though as all The Witcher games were super easy even on hardest setting.

TW2 was definitely not easy on the harder settings. As far as CP 2070, the only things hard about it are the inconsistent stealth mechanics and the enemy HP bloat.

I prefer when harder difficulties actually make the game more challenging in multiple ways. Simply jacking up enemy HP doesn't make things more challenging in any significant way, it just makes combat annoying.

How are you supposed to hit anything with a controller? I have tried to learn to use it since the Stadia TV-version does not support M&K. The last night I took part in a shooting competition. There were moving targets and 60 seconds time to hit them. 9/100, last place and lots of insults was my best result after three attempts :p Switched to a mouse and got 32/100 and first place. Not prime, but better. The auto-aim assistant is the only thing that makes me hit something else than walls with a controller.

Are there cyberware improving the auto-aim assistant? I would much prefer one if I am to become a badass in Night City with my stupid controller…

How are you supposed to hit anything with a controller? I have tried to learn to use it since the Stadia TV-version does not support M&K. The last night I took part in a shooting competition. There were moving targets and 60 seconds time to hit them. 9/100, last place and lots of insults was my best result after three attempts :p Switched to a mouse and got 32/100 and first place. Not prime, but better. The auto-aim assistant is the only thing that makes me hit something else than walls with a controller.

Are there cyberware improving the auto-aim assistant? I would much prefer one if I am to become a badass in Night City with my stupid controller…

Haha, I did better than 9/100 in my one attempt and that was because I ran out of ammo halfway through. =P

All I can say is you get the feel for it, much like the driving. When I started, I was pressing the analog stick too much and wildly swinging from side to side. A more delicate touch is required.

First impressions? Is it as good as the Witcher 3 storytelling?

Definitely! There are silly bugs that spoil some of the storytelling, though. Without spoiling too much, one example for me was when a character was trying to hand over a chip while dying, there was a gun rendered instead of the chip. The scene could have been emotionally strong but ended up being just silly. Similar stuff is everywhere. So wait for some months before you play, if you can.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, but your expectations must have been considerably lower than mine. :)
I'm not sure what you've expected then.
My thoughts were a nicelooking RPG where I'll again see meh chore combat as darksouls QTE is now in, endless amount of trashmob respawns as pro reviewers want that and copied boring RDR2 world.
What happened? I get to choose how to combat and in fact I switch the style on a whim (although some psychokillers require cheese), I see no respawns to stall me thank god even trashmobs that are aggressive don't attack on sight unless in a protected area, the world not only isn't boring but it's fantastic.
I think GTA5 is a shit game
Me too. Sadly we are the minority that doesn't write reviews.
The story and substories feel as if came from Brothel for Slating Intellectual Lusts.
The mature rating is definetly required here. Not because of words used - it's the substance that questions itself and questions you, then makes you to choose. Not stuff for kids, they won't understand shit. Some reviewers also didn't (PCGamer).
If these stories are based on Pondsmith's ideas, the man is a genius!

Speaking of PCGamer the word on the street is that similar to what they did with TW3, they won't even nominate CP2077 for their goty.
That site seems to hate CDprojekt for some reason.

The story and substories feel as if came from Brothel for Slating Intellectual Lusts.
The mature rating is definetly required here. Not because of words used - it's the substance that questions itself and questions you then makes you to choose. Not stuff for kids, they won't understand shit. Some reviewers also didn't (PCGamer).
No kidding one of the side quests made sick to my stomach.

You meet a convict named Joshua who found religion in prison and he thinks of himself as a messiah and the Corps want to exploit him for all he's worth in his last days.

You find out he wants to kill himself like Jesus did on the cross. You become his friend and he asks you to be the one to kill him. I went ahead with his last request.

The scene can be both shocking and revolting at the same time. Good news is CDPR give you plenty of chances/ forewarning to walk off, and not be the one to kill him.

Link - https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-crucifixion-endings-explained/

No kidding one of the side quests made sick to my stomach.

Sinnerman

You forgot something even worse in the story.
For going with the flow - V gets a bonus to paycheck.
If you decide V won't take any part in it, the show will still go on because someone will accept doing it.
The game fiction got too close to RL where someone would still do stuff that should be unthinkable. For $.

TW2 was definitely not easy on the harder settings. As far as CP 2070, the only things hard about it are the inconsistent stealth mechanics and the enemy HP bloat.

I prefer when harder difficulties actually make the game more challenging in multiple ways. Simply jacking up enemy HP doesn't make things more challenging in any significant way, it just makes combat annoying.

Well, I played through TW 2 on the hardest setting and there are three fights which are not easy, Letho fight, Kayran ( well mostly because of annoying QTE ), when you play as a ghost which is also stupid that sequence should not be harder because you cannot change any gear or skills of the ghost, and one fight which is near impossible, the optional boss with the fire staff, aside from deaths in those fights I died very very seldom on hardest setting, same reason as TW3, Quen sign is very overpowered, ok you can play without that…. then the game is very hard…..

Actually for CP 2070, it is not only HP which I agree is not a very good way to change difficulty, but the good thing they did is enemies are also much more aggressive on very hard, and that changes fights a lot actually. You have to really think about your build and use everything you got, very different from TW2 and TW3, which was Q, F , spam left click to win 99% of all fights on hardest setting.

Very subjective, and I think a lot of it will have to do with how much someone likes the setting. People who are really into cyberpunk will probably enjoy the storytelling more.

I like the story well enough so far, but I'm not sure if it's TW3 level. My opinion could change of course by the time I finish. I don't think the dialogue or voice acting is quite as good as it is in TW3.

CDPR still writes the best romances in RPGs. I get to thinking that I hate RPG romances but then I realize that I just hate Bioware ones (since they're about the only other company that does them). The Panam stuff is great. Even the sex scene is pretty good.

CDPR still writes the best romances in RPGs. I get to thinking that I hate RPG romances but then I realize that I just hate Bioware ones (since they're about the only other company that does them). The Panam stuff is great. Even the sex scene is pretty good.
I wholeheartedly agree compared to other RPGs they are the best. The whole Panam quest route is great. Even the same sex quests options are done well also.:nod:

Link - https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-romance-sex-relationships/

Edit: Link has romance spoilers so you are warned.:p

Last edited:
I just got the Batmobile.
It's actually Murk Man's Calibur. A Batman Ripoff Eater Egg. For me the car wasn't added to my collection. Don't know why but once I exited and started a gig it vanished.

It's wasn't even in my car collection when you press the V button.

Re: storytelling vs. Witcher 3.

I'd say that the central story in Cyberpunk 2077 is *better* than Witcher 3's, but keep in mind that's only 15-20 hours of content. Where the Witcher 3 shines is so many of the side stories were strong in themselves and the collective journey was more memorable. Cyberpunk's side stories are hit and miss in this aspect.

Back
Top Bottom