Signs of a forthcoming apocalypse?

People are developing things without even trying to think of what might become of that in the future ... And because the human species is so much short-lived, its inventors won't see the end results of that.

I *vastly* prefer a droid like C-3PO than a human-like droid.
Because with C-3PO we do know what we have there.

And, by the way, I don't want to think of what might happen if Robots became part of the "internet of things" and get hacked ... Like performing theft or even murder, being remote-controlled by some evil hacker - or some "secret service".

It's absolutely horrible. And no, I don't mean its use but its looks! Thank you very much, but I'd rather dig a hole in the ground.

If I ever found myself spending an evening with one of those, I think a bottle of strong spirits and a revolver would follow shortly thereafter.

I'd say there's a way to go yet :)

Also, I've always found the concept of sex without love or - at least - a deeper emotional underpinning rather dull and not much better than taking care of it yourself.

So, again, there's a way to go.

I still do believe that we all are "social beings" and that at one point robots like C-3PO might come in to let us feel social again - when there is no other human around, like in deserted areas or in wastelands.
I mean, long ago, "socializing" was a strong factor among our ancestors, I guess - thousands of years ago - with perhaps singing and dancing as a main contributing factor *insert tribal African cliché here* , so I guess that being together with someone is indeed an essential need.

But this kind of robot … ? To me, it rather looks like the result of decadence.

Wait.... with everything thats messed up in this world today this is what makes you think apocalypse?

Eh? Since when does robot blow jobs equals apocalypse? :p
( Thought that humanity risen fellow was back for a moment)

Hm. Yeah, useful if you'd like to wash your banana before peeling it.

"What the company claim to have created is an incredibly realistic droid that when assembled looks, smells, feels and moves like a real human."

Well, I must admit the designer is quite brave to show the world that when it comes to blow jobs all he has ever experienced is the equivalent of a simple finger pressing the top of the thumb - up down up down. Poor guy, never had someone with skillful lips and tongue.
But hey, perhaps at a speed of 50 ups/downs a second it might be an appealing toy, that goes where no (wo)man has gone before. :)

Back
Top Bottom