Gothic 3 Heavy spoiler question

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've made a savegame and decided to play the Innos part first. After talking to Innos and teleporting back to Myrtana, Orcs and assassins are fighting everywhere. Is this normal or is it a bug?

I havent seen it happen right after talking to Innos, but there is one thing that can trigger such behaviour. If you have liberated all Orc or Hashishin cities any previously neutral members of the destroyed faction will become hostile to everyone. The Hashishin merchants in Myrtana, and the Orcs in Lago and Mora Sul will attack their former allies.

Strange. I haven't liberated any city yet. Just destroyed two Orc forts in Nordmar. But the Orcs are not showing aggression towards me, the fight is only between Orcs and Hashishin.

Strange indeed, I've only seen orc-hashishin fighting under the circumstances I described. The Nordmar Orcs practically count as wildlife relations-wise.

I think I'll just live with it. All there's left in the game is combat. Kill Zuben, free Myrtana.

This situation is a good indicator because it makes the player think. Hashishin fighting orcs after siding with innos could appear to some as a normal faction reaction but do we honestly want this to happen? - it means the right quest path hasn't been fully chosen, the game end result can be subjectively improved or made different, eg: amicable. So logical thinking suggests there is more to do before siding with Innos.

Each faction is aligned to a god, helping one will irate the other and cause conflict so you have too find a way of appeasing each god without conflict. This means you the hero must contact Beliar before siding with Innos, which means you will have to legally enter Ishtar (75%) then gain good rep' (green highlights) inside Ishtar also, then speak with Beliar all before any liberations or siding with Innos. The quest weaving for this is crucial, there is only one critical path of approach.

So why kill Zuben at all?

But doesn't even Beliar demand you kill Zuben?!

Well, put it like this, there are requests for nameless to kill others in the game but the killing must not be attributed to you (nameless) so several methods of doing away with someone are offered within the game play mechanics. My preferred method is to entice the one to be killed into the path of other adversaries, this will complete the quest without the gods being aware of any alienation or your involvement. Then again, an aggressive player who has seen off the various beasts will generally loose out on this option.

Well, put it like this, there are requests for nameless to kill others in the game but the killing must not be attributed to you (nameless) so several methods of doing away with someone are offered within the game play mechanics. My preferred method is to entice the one to be killed into the path of other adversaries, this will complete the quest without the gods being aware of any alienation or your involvement. Then again, an aggressive player who has seen off the various beasts will generally loose out on this option.
uh.....I think you are really overestimating the game.

Yeah, I quote my old physics professor again: "The world isnt that beautiful":p Still there are several indirect options for killing people in the game and they can be useful at times. My favourite is the bloodlust spell, but it requires some manipulation as bloodlusted melee NPCs wont fight til the death. Wildlife is also useful, I once had sandcrawlers kill off almost the entire population of Bakaresh so that I only had to kill two remote guards to wrap up the liberation.

@Kostaz.

I am not overestimating the game at all, the method described worked for me with the 1.2 patch, didn't complete G3 with the latest patches as i have moved on to other games, over two years with G3 and its various patches is more than enough for me.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom