General News - Top Turn-Based RPGs of 2019

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turnbasedlovers made a list of upcoming turn-based RPGs :

Top upcoming tactical turn-based RPGs of 2019

2019 will be a year full of interesting turn-based games, both indie and not so I prepared a list with some of the games I'm following. In this list, you will find the most promising (for me) turn-based strategy / tactical / RPGs with a release date scheduled for 2019. As in my other lists, I will try to keep them updated adding new games that I will discover and that will be suggested by the community. In the list, you will find strategic games, tactical games, and classic RPGs as long as they have turn-based mechanics. For each game, there will be a video, links to their official website, steam page, my overviews, and their release date. Regarding the release date, it may vary over the course of time, so sometimes it may not coincide. Let's start with my list of the top upcoming tactical turn-based strategy RPGs of 2019.

[...]
More information.

I hope we'll be able to put our game on this list by summer, entering Steam EA. Party-based, turn-based, dark-fantasy RPG, which a month ago strangely started to resemble (two) particularly well-loved series in the 90s that acquired a cult-following since and oldschool-lovers are frequently mentioning them on Steam - begging for remakes. This is a life-changing event for us, because quality is so hard to make. Hopefully, fans of turn-based RPGs will love it on Steam.

I hope we'll be able to put our game on this list by summer, entering Steam EA. Party-based, turn-based, dark-fantasy RPG, which a month ago strangely started to resemble (two) particularly well-loved series in the 90s that acquired a cult-following since and oldschool-lovers are frequently mentioning them on Steam - begging for remakes. This is a life-changing event for us, because quality is so hard to make. Hopefully, fans of turn-based RPGs will love it on Steam.

Which games you are referring to?

and big thnx hiddenX !!

Realms Beyond and Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest, looking very interesting !

It's like a virtual Renaissance of turn-based RPGs. Nice! X-Com is having a big influence on the genre.

This is so beautiful.
Quite a few games that are very interesting. Thanks for the news!

I didn't know some games on the list even existed :) Great news you brougth to us, @HiddenX;, thank you! :)

From the list:

• Backed both Phoenix Point and Wasteland 3;
  • Added Pathway, Feel Seal: Arbiter's Mark and Realms Beyond to Steam wishlist;
  • I really consider playing RAM Pressure if it has a good single-player campaign, and by single-player I mean really playing it alone, by myself, without any kind of interference from other online players;
  • There are few games that don't interest me at all (e.g. Guile & Glory; Ultimate Adom);
  • As for the others, I'll have to follow them more closely.

Last edited:
Nice list, several of those games looks really interesting and most of them were new to me. Thanks for posting @HiddenX;!

Really great list. They forgot End State though.
Also a nice reminder that I did looked into Overland before and forgot about it, and acutally backed Grimshade which I forgot about as well.

Hand of Merlin and Druidstone however never came to my attention. The question with Druidstone though is whether this is just random combats or if there is actually a story/campaign.

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen looks really promising. When they walk into the merchant's shop where you can interact with each item on the shelves, memories of Ultima VII came flooding back.

Here's hoping they make a great game.

Knew about most these games already as they are covered on this site. So my opinion is half of them interest me the other half don't. Anyway thanks for sharing the link.:)

Which games you are referring to?

and big thnx hiddenX !!

Realms Beyond and Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest, looking very
interesting !

End of 80s and beginning of 90s. Target platforms were Amiga, C64 and DOS. I think the best were the Amiga versions, but we played both series on the mighty C64.

Not interested in mmos, roguelikes/proceduralgen/luckbased whatnot, xcom clones and pixelart.
How many left?

Highly interested in TLR's TB style game, hopefully without excessive grind this time.
How many announced?

Back
Top Bottom