Wheel of Fate - New "AI" RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twinfinite reports on Wheel of Fate which is described as being an "AI" RPG capable of thousands of story possibilities.

Developer UDX Interactive has today announced a new project called Wheel of Fate. The game's genre is described as an artificial intelligence RPG, in which player decisions shape the world around them using unique technology.

"With Wheel of Fate, we took a massive leap that RPG's never do and that's to incorporate machine learning to continuously explore thousands of possibilities and create new story arcs," says former Mass Effect 2 developer and Wheels of Fate designer Miles Holmes.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Edit: FFS, this is annoying. Does the forum have some sort of de-capitalising filter if you use all caps?

Edit: FFS, this is annoying. Does the forum have some sort of de-capitalising filter if you use all caps?

00ba31a24ec6116435e7efce3acc144a.jpg

a NEARLY ALL CAP POST FOR @Ripper;. DID I YELL ENOUGH FOR YOU ?

LOL. Yes, that seems to work. But I wasn't yelling - I was just doing a silly gag by using nothing but acronyms, which looked weird when converted to lowercase. Nothing to worry about - I was just curious if there was some feature designed to defeat caplockers. :p

I'm interested in the Kickstarter as I want to know how they actually use machine learning to improve their game.

I'm interested in the Kickstarter as I want to know how they actually use machine learning to improve their game.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's what they're actually doing. I suspect it's just marketing waffle.

Machine learning has definitely been around long enough for SOMEONE to do it in an RPG, and when it does happen I very much doubt it will be Bethesda or Obsidian making that leap.

Yeah, they already use machine learning in limited ways in some games, to respond to battle tactics and so on. I'll be surprised if this amounts to much more than dynamically tweaking some basic procedurally generated content. But you never know.

Back
Top Bottom