Ubisoft - New HoMM Rumours?

Yeah most people seem to either love or hate DMoM&M. I think the game gets an overly bad rap to be honest.

I plan to play this again as well ... maybe it is worth a revisit article ... or perhaps not. We'll see ;)

I agree HoMM4 does get a lot of bad press. It was far from a bad game, just different enough from the earlier versions to draw the flack. It never did have the same addictive quality for me, but I did enjoy it, and maybe ought to replay it, come to think of it.
AFA HoMM5, it was quite fun once you got used to the 3D effect and getting lost in walls and stuff. I liked it as well.

Me too. I didn't buy HOMM 4 when it was first released, but bought the game later with all of the expanisions. I finished HOMM4 and a few of the expansions, but was burnt out to finish the last one. Still not that bad a game. I can't even remember HOMM 3 and know I didn't even finish that one. It made no lasting impressions on me at all, but I remember 4 very well and had a blast playing it.

As for 5 I liked that one as well, but not as much as the 4th one. I didn't finish it. I made it as far as the dark elf campaign before I said "ehhh, time to get another game."

Yeah most people seem to either love or hate DMoM&M. I think the game gets an overly bad rap to be honest.

Well, all in all, it was a decent enough game.

I think what drove my personal disappointment was the legacy of Arx Fatalis. They made an average "shooter" action RPG - when I was originally hoping for something closer to Arx.

It was also rather short and as amusing as the action sequences were, they got old near the end - which is somewhat telling of the depth given the limited length.

However, even with all the baggage and expectations, I'd say it was a fun if middling game - but being the RPG freak that I am, I liked those aspects enough to appreciate it more than what it probably deserved.

I was certainly entertained during the ~8 hours or so it lasted.

If it was called 'Johnny KiXalot' and was the freshman effort by 'Craptacular Games' ... perhaps it would have been treated differently than a game with 'Might & Magic' made by the Arx people.

Back
Top Bottom