Project Eternity - Updates, $4M Stretch Goal

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Two new updates on Project Eternity since I last posted. Update #25 offers a new $350 "Loot Bag" tier that includes an AMD A10 processor (US only because of shipping), confirms Big City #2 and offer a recap of achieved goals and a little on the development of the temple entrance screenshot.
With 5 hours to go, currently at $3.68M (plus >$100k Paypal), Update #26 has the last stretch - it's a simple one:
$4m Stretch Goal - Enhance the Whole Game
OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.
Oh, there's an AMA with Chris, Tim and Josh over here.
More information.

Enhancing the whole game. Now that's a bit vague. And Chris Avellone should be delighted to play Arcanum ^^

Developer in-game commentary should be cool, it was probably the most interesting part of Adam playing IWD2, he's comment about this and that part of the game.

And people should watch the stream! 18+, considering the use of alcohol.

Yeah, kind of a weak stretch goal. I would expect every dollar they receive to go towards enhancing the entire game. Congrats to Obsidian, my favorite developer, on a successful Kickstarter nonetheless. I am still more excited for Wasteland 2, but PE became my highest pledge to date (went with $165, another copy of Wasteland 2 plus an expansion really pushed me over the edge. That and I am in a better financial situation than I was with my pledges to Wasteland 2, Grim Dawn, Dead State, and Planetary Annihilation). Make us an awesome epic!!

3,75 + paypal at the moment with 3 hours to go. They could actually get close to 4m, which is significantly more than I would have expected.

3,75 + paypal at the moment with 3 hours to go. They could actually get close to 4m, which is significantly more than I would have expected.

It's ~3,898,000 with paypal (at 150k now). They should make about 120k in the next 3 hours on Kickstarter by the current rate as well...

I want a Youtube "let's play" with Chris Avellone playing Arcanum.

There only $60K away from $4 million right now so they need another stretch goal for past $4 million.

PS. azarhal: Where did you read that paypal was at $150K? 45 minutes ago on the Obsidian twitter it said $131K.

I think the success of this new Kickstarter game funding system shouts out something about the RPG Genre. Don`t you guys think so?

There only $60K away from $4 million right now so they need another stretch goal for past $4 million.

PS. azarhal: Where did you read that paypal was at $150K? 45 minutes ago on the Obsidian twitter it said $131K.

I took the number from the Kickstarter comments section, but it looks like it was slightly inflated. :/

I think the success of this new Kickstarter game funding system shouts out something about the RPG Genre. Don`t you guys think so?

It says that we are starving.

The bulk of the stretch goal is kinda symbolic since it goes without saying that surplus money would go into enhancing the game, but the live instrumentation is a very nice addition.
It also almost seems like they got scared by the amount of money they might get :).

Anyway, seems like a sensible capping of the campaign to me.

I just started watching the stream and they put up a sign that paypal was at $137K so they haven't reached $4 million yet. They are at $3.978 million right now.

EDIT:

They just hit $4 million right now (including paypal)

Last edited:
So who needs publishers??

On Reddit, Avellone said that he would play Arcanum at $3.6 million. Now all of a sudden it's changed to $4.0 million.

This backpedaling is a shameless betrayal of his colleagues and his artform, and it must not be allowed to stand.

ARCANUM AT 3.6
ARCANUM AT 3.6
ARCANUM AT 3.6

The fans demand it.

On Reddit, Avellone said that he would play Arcanum at $3.6 million. Now all of a sudden it's changed to $4.0 million.

This backpedaling is a shameless betrayal of his colleagues and his artform, and it must not be allowed to stand.

ARCANUM AT 3.6
ARCANUM AT 3.6
ARCANUM AT 3.6

The fans demand it.

Kind of pointless to complain since they're also now well past 4 million combined for KS+PayPal

They may hit $4.1 million since they are only about $40K away.

Back
Top Bottom