DA:O Player age and Dragon Age difficulty…

Dragon Age: Origins
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any options for formations. This is another area where DA takes a step backwards compared to Baldur's Gate.

Oh the horror.

Hit the "hold" button and they stay exactly where I like. No problem.

I tried that one, but it was even more frustrating as then they don't even close with the enemy after using a knockback ability.

It's insignificant. ;)

Really though, what formation would you use? I do something different in every battle - mostly some variation of trying to get in a circle around the enemies if at all possible. Or running for the nearest choke point if it isn't. (And it often isn't, as this game loves to ambush you.) The old two-line offense with melees up front and ranged attackers behind them doesn't take advantage of flank attacks at all, which is a big part of this game. It's not just for backstabbers anymore!

formations do matter, the order of your warriors does matter. At least to me anyway, i like to run a tight unit. Grab the unit portraits and drag them around to be arranged by hotkey, as I like. f1 is tank, f2, other tank, f3 ranged, f4 mage, etc. Tanks march up front, physically weaker units in a line behind. Or following in two lines, depends on what i'm feeling like about the situation

Is it absolute necessity? No, but it's nice to have the option, thats generally how war has been waged on my screen, even if it devolves into chaos later.

Really though, what formation would you use? I

What Samhain said. Not talking about battle itself. In battle itself, I also use the "hold" button. I'm talking about marching formation. Also, I feel like blowing my top when a cutscene/conversation directly flows into a battle, and no matter how I had them arranged before, Wynne will be right in front, with Morrigan a bit behind her, with Alistair and my warrior bringing up the rear. I then have to waste precious moments first re-arranging everone, while they are being blasted by the enemy. >:O

40 here and playing on hard. Difficulty is perfect for me. And I love the level scaling, which means that all battles will be fun and I can do the treaties in any order I want.

By the way, the most challenging and fulfilling battle to date for me (so far, just a bit past halfway through, level 13-14) was …
Against the dragon in the mountain. In hard difficulty with my group about level 13-14. Really good fight that took all my tactical skills and several consumables ( healing, mana potions, and poisons). Very rewarding too!

40 here and playing on hard. Difficulty is perfect for me. And I love the level scaling, which means that all battles will be fun and I can do the treaties in any order I want.

By the way, the most challenging and fulfilling battle to date for me (so far, just a bit past halfway through, level 13-14) was …
Against the dragon in the mountain. In hard difficulty with my group about level 13-14. Really good fight that took all my tactical skills and several consumables ( healing, mana potions, and poisons). Very rewarding too!

Was he a lot harder than
Flemeth
?

Back
Top Bottom