InXile Entertainment - Michael Stackpole Signs On for Wasteland 2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Holy shit, that was fast! Last I looked, Fargo hadn't even decided to do a remake yet.

Jump on the train while it's new...smart move.

Still haven't heard anyone say the magic words yet....

(In case you didn't know, the magic words are turn based...)

Ok I am confused. I don't really understand the Kickstart Crowdfunding thing that well. Isn't it basically they propose a game and then people can donate money to fund it? I didn't get the feeling they had decided to make it yet but Stackpole joining is a good sign no?

That being said I think its pretty likely it will be a next gen action RPG piece garbage like most of todays games. IF they used the skill system from the original and made it a hard core RPG even if it were first or 3rd person it might be decent but I wont hold my breath.

Kickstarter has been explained in every other thread - have a read. inXile hasn't actually put up the Kickstarter yet but, presumably, this means they are very serious. Fargo has already promised this won't be an action/RPG - again, check the other threads.

I'm hungry for a truly post-apoc rpg(fonv shouldn't count as one) if this produces something better than the publisher-funded stuff I'll start donating. So far it only looks like a fad.

Wasteland taught me to love non-linear game play and I didn't even know it at the time.

Right when you start the game and leave the first area, you see the Guardian Citadel You go in and immediately die.

Everyone did it and only after you level up and get stronger do you come back and defeat that area.

It was masterful placement and something you rarely see in supposedly open-end RPGs these days.

Back
Top Bottom