General News - Action Combat vs RPG Elements @ C4G

Love that sites videos. Keep posting them please.:[

Yeah, I like them, too. He has a great understanding how RPGs are working. Game developers should watch these videos.

This is why I prefer my RPGs to be turn based. I rather play games with my brain than my hands. :)

Again I prefer either mode as the combat should fit the game, or rules you base it on. Someone brought up how many seem to prefer only turn based combat that's sad.

I wouldn't want every RPG to be turn based that would be boring.

I can enjoy action games myself, just not my preference. It's the same with RTwP, I just prefer my actions to be more segmented and well defined between turns, have a ruleset that determines when each actors action begins and ends so I can plan around it. Having to pause constantly to adjust the position, facing and abilities of every character gets tedious, and I end up just bunching up the whole party and left clicking enemies one by one till they die.

In that regard, the "TB vs RTwP" gets visceral at times cus we're nerds and a lot of us don't have real problems, but I think I've mentioned how a couple of my top 5 games of the last decade are PoE/PoE2 and Witcher 3, which aren't TB (PoE2 wasn't when I played it anyway).

Back
Top Bottom