Drakensang Magic ring in mushroom ring (SPOLIER)

Gragnak

Black Knight
Magic ring in mushroom ring (SPOILER)

Here it is!
Before you arrive in Blood Mountains you can have a "random encounter".
In this area you'll find a big ogre to defeat, a giant emerald spider, some erbs and.... a ring of five mushrooms.
If you place a character in the center of the ring and wait a few seconds you'll see a strange particle effect.
Now go to the waterfall near the ogre camp and you'll find a chest.
Open it and..... tadaaam.... a ring of consitution.

Last edited:
Cool. I think I also got the random encounter but I missed the effect and overlooked the chest.

Wow ! I haven't heard of this before !

Whoa. I didn't know about this. And I'm pretty sure I've had this encounter/area at least twice! Thanks!

I didn't have any encounter either coming or going from BM!! :(

I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am), but I somehow got the feeling that high perception reduces the likelihood of these random encounters.

Update

The chest is by the fireflies by the waterfall to the left of the area starting point, after crossing the first bridge. Saying it's by the ogre was confusing! However there is a chest behind his little hut I had missed (by the saws/woodcutter area there). It had a few alchemy ingredients in it.

I found the ring, but my Arcane Lore is at 14 and I can't identify it...

About the frequency of getting this encounter:
I got this the first time I went to Blood Mountains, but I backtracked to a save at Ferdok for certain reasons. I then tried to get to the encounter, but with no luck, travelling back to Ferdok a few times. Copying my save to my work computer though, I got it the first time. Wonder if maybe it flags whether or not I've visited this area globally, not just in the save file. That would be lame.

By the way, just replicating the Drakensang folder in your My Documents across multiple computers works fine, as far as I can tell. Wish there was a Steam-esque service that did cross sync for save games to multiple computers. Instead I'm doing www.drop.io file copies back and forth, which isn't too time consuming/annoying, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom