Cyberpunk 2077 - Devs didn't know about the Delay

I agree but that's the only news on the game. Been quiet for a year otherwise.

Last edited:
Seriously, people? Adults getting all torqued because they don't get their new toy when they want it? Some are behaving as if their '63 Corvette was stolen and wrecked. Shall I call the Whaaambulance?
I agree.
People really getting angry about game delays, imho are way too much emotionally attached to the game (or what they think the game will be).

I already watch PB's monthly videos on YouTube. They're usually so vague, I wouldn't consider them "updates".

So it's more like Keeping Up with the Pankratz? :)

I agree.
People really getting angry about game delays, imho are way too much emotionally attached to the game (or what they think the game will be).
Better then being an apathetic joking I don't care gamer.:biggrin:

Fact is Cyberpunk 2077 is the most over-hyped video game of the decade. So all that emotionally attachment comes with the trappings. Nothing new really either.

They better deliver but that conference call shed some negative light on the developer.

FUTURE PROJECT (IMPACT OF THE DELAY): CD Projekt plans some "organizational changes" in technical departments. "Too many things were put together at late stages."
The CEO admitted changes are coming and needed due to organizational problems. I agree they took to long and finished some the work to late in development.

Game started out as a current gen title then became new gen futher along.

Aren't "organizational changes" (i.e. firing people) an integral part of the capitalistic business? If a certain part of your company does not provide for the foreseeable future, you'll get rid of it.

Anyway, that article you linked is far too vague to make any opinion out of it. Call it "fake news" as your president would do ;)

They could also talk about the changes they need to do to make the Cypepunk MMO (and hopefully develop a single-player game aside).

Fact is Cyberpunk 2077 is the most over-hyped video game of the decade. So all that emotionally attachment comes with the trappings. Nothing new really either.
I wouldn't be so sure. There have been games that had been hyped similarly. And how much overhyped it is, we'll only know after release. Perhaps the game is so good it justifies the hype? (I don't think it is.)

What I don't like about their decision is the mantra that the game has to be released simultaneously on all plarforms. I don't care for that. Yeah, I guess that's fixed in contracts with Microsoft, Valve, Sony or whatever. But I don't think it's a good trend that a studoi like CDPR agrees to such deals.

Aren't "organizational changes" (i.e. firing people) an integral part of the capitalistic business? If a certain part of your company does not provide for the foreseeable future, you'll get rid of it.

Anyway, that article you linked is far too vague to make any opinion out of it. Call it "fake news" as your president would do ;)

They could also talk about the changes they need to do to make the Cypepunk MMO (and hopefully develop a single-player game aside).
I didn't link anything in this article. The transcript was taken from a polish business news site yesterday from another link. Also yeah I agree and foresee mass firings as well.

That MMO is a waste of resources as well but PnP players will love it. I'm more interested in the DLC roadmap they haven't released yet. Supposed to bigger then Witcher III.

What I don't like about their decision is the mantra that the game has to be released simultaneously on all plarforms. I don't care for that. Yeah, I guess that's fixed in contracts with Microsoft, Valve, Sony or whatever. But I don't think it's a good trend that a studoi like CDPR agrees to such deals.
Definitely agree the porting to nine different systems/platforms is a technical mess in the making. That's probably part of the "organizational changes" in technical departments.

I wouldn't be so sure. There have been games that had been hyped similarly. And how much overhyped it is, we'll only know after release. Perhaps the game is so good it justifies the hype? (I don't think it is.)

Exactly. I think some people are just looking for something to complain about. :)

I don't understand what the big fuss about the delay is. People are behaving like the coivd vaccine has been delayed or something....

There are so many good games coming out and most people have huge backlogs...

I don't understand what the big fuss about the delay is. People are behaving like the coivd vaccine has been delayed or something….
Nope don't see the problem…wait a minute it's been in development for over 7+ now, and been delayed fout times in one year. Yeah that's nothing to worry about.
There are so many good games coming out and most people have huge backlogs.
Really because I don't have a huge backlog anymore. I played most of my games this year, and my tastes are very strict when it comes to games I enjoy nowadays.

So lets see probably Assassin's Creed Valhalla & maybe Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

Edit: I forgot that new Spellforce III expansion next month as well.

Last edited:
I mean, you *can* have an aneurysm every time a game disappoints you. That's your prerogative. But I fall on the "chill out" side of this debate, just because it's so effing predictable that you'll be disappointed.
On these AAA, 5-years-in-development games, it's practically GUARANTEED you'll be shouting at your monitor and throwing things. The question is, when are you going to stop being so optimistic?

Games don't disappoint me bro just this game. I've already said why. This was provably the only game I was looking forward to playing this year compared to other games.

Not even the EA version of BG III has me so excited.:excited:

No more so than anything you do to de-stress or take your mind off things.

You could think of it this way... now you have a whole new date to look forward to! De-stress about new date.

As always, I'm baffled by how anyone can really upset about games, but I do understand people being bummed out about the delay. Cold autumn nights are prime gaming season for me. Sometimes there's a game I'm really looking forward to, so I'll get the good snacks in, and prepare to settle down. It's a drag to have your weekend plan pulled at the last minute.

I still remember the days when you could take vacation from work, planned months in advance, to play games on release-- and they were actually finished on release…

Now there's at least 3 delays to release beta.

I can't relate to planning vacations around game releases. I thought I was a hardcore gamer, but that is on another level.

If you are so hyped and want to play a new game on your vacation, at least wait until the game is friggin' released, and then take your vacation! No way to be let down by game delays that way.

As I wrote in another thread, the reason some people are disappointed by the delay isn't even that difficult to understand: people are fighting against the daily grind, depression, negativity, and such by looking forward to something. Some do this consciously, others not. When the thing you have been looking forward to disappears or gets delayed, disappointment is a natural reaction. How people express this disappointment varies and sure there have been some over-reactions out there (less on this forum, though).

First world problems yes, but people experience similar feelings in the developing countries - only the context is different.

I had taken a week off from work to play the game. I had been looking forward to that week since the summer - I could finally sit down by myself and enjoy a game without any other distractions or commitments. Commitment-free weeks are a rarity these days… The next "release date" collides with other stuff and I'll have to move my week alone with CP2077 to January. Not a big deal really since now I am looking forward to that week. The only issue is that it will be very difficult to avoid spoilers since I'll be able to play the game a month after the possible release.

Back
Top Bottom