7 Days to Die - Zombie Survival Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I brought news of 7 Days to Die last month to recap it's an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games.

The developer Fun Pimps has started a kickstater to fund the project so give the game a look you might be surprised.

7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

In the near future where the a third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.

You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden’s on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means “Killer of Monsters” to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that’s pretty much what you’ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.
More information.

Looks interesting. Fort Zombie meets Minecraft. (I actually liked Fort Zombie, though I never really played Minecraft, beyond farting around with the free version on my phone for 5 minutes.) May have to pledge this one later. Thanks for pointing it out.

I was thinking that this seemed to be interesting until I saw that having npcs is a stretch goal so unless it gets there I won't have any interest in this game.

Looks interesting. Fort Zombie meets Minecraft. (I actually liked Fort Zombie, though I never really played Minecraft, beyond farting around with the free version on my phone for 5 minutes.) May have to pledge this one later. Thanks for pointing it out.

Liked Fort Zombie as well. Found MC interesting but could never play for long because of the lack of challenge. The only reason to explore seemed to be to get stuff to build stuff without an in game reason to do it. Great if you like building stuff but I was hoping for a need to build stuff to protect against mobs.In mc, you only really needed a makeshift shelter around you to survive that first night

Hope this gets funded but I'm too tapped out right now to support it

I was thinking that this seemed to be interesting until I saw that having npcs is a stretch goal so unless it gets there I won't have any interest in this game.

I missed this, and you raise a good point. I think what many people miss about the post-apocalyptic genre is it's not about the zombies — or whatever. They're simply a symptom, a means to an end. It's about people. It's about what happens to people — and what people do to each other — once the thin veneer of society is stripped away. I get the impression Brian Mitsoda and Dead State understand this. I hope that proves to be the case.

I may support this Kickstarter anyway, as I see real potential here. Could be interesting, or it could wind up being superficial garbage. Worth the gamble, perhaps. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom