DoubleBear's Zombie RPG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thanks to Resch on our forums for pointing out an update from Brian Mitsoda revealing some detail about DoubleBear's indie game. Get ready for zombie survivalism:
Was hoping to save this for a rainy day, but it is cloudy here in Seattle today, so here we go. As the speculators have correctly guessed, yes, DoubleBear’s first game is indeed a Zombie RPG, which we have fondly referred to as a ZRPG internally. Before people start running in all kinds of directions with that, here’s what I will confirm:

-Set during the breakdown of society as emergence of zombies causes widespread panic and disorder.

-Slow, shambling zombies. Spreads like a virus/bite transmission. No, you are not a zombie, that would be stupid.

-Serious examination of a national crisis or natural disaster. Humans and a lack of order are a bigger threat than the undead. Think Hurricane Katrina, Children of Men, Dawn of the Dead NOT Resident Evil, Return of the Living Dead, zombie shooter-type games.

-Game is about survival. Scavenging resources, exploring the area, dealing with other survivors, and managing a “shelter” of sorts are the main focus of the game. More on this later.

-Game is open-ended. There are characters and events that could happen, but the story depends on where you go, what you do, and who you meet. Of course, there’s a lot more to this and we'll go into more details as time goes on.

We’ll be here often shooting down the wildest of theories and discussing our systems in more detail. Let’s start the old back and forth, shall we?

b
More information.

Heh, I just watched Planet Terror and wondered why the zombie genre had little representation in crpgs.

Oh. My. God.

I officially have died and gone to heaven!

so I get the prize for guessing this before they announced this in the o ther thread?

Yep. That was actually pretty clever.

OT: You would be surprised just how smart I am....;) Still gotta get you to do an interview with me sometime for colony of gamers;)

Very cool to see, I would suggest they read world war z it could give them some great ideas....

Sounds very promising, and I'm not a big post-apoc player. Looking forward to more information as things progress.

Zombies are cool. They're also perfect for computer games since they have basicly zero intelligence (which in turn makes their AI very believable.)

Zombies are cool. They're also perfect for computer games since they have basicly zero intelligence (which in turn makes their AI very believable.)

Not only that but they fit into many forums;)

I'm seriously interested in this.

Very nice, it's about time that someone took the more cerebral path to zombie survival. Here's hoping that they continue to be as interactive with the public as Gareth and Vince are, during development.

I am glad they are making a unique rpg and am looking forward to this. Hopefully more unique rpgs will follow.

If the Zombies don't groan: "braaaaiiins" then I am not interested :mad:

ahem, sorry just my PvZ addiction acting up :)

Seriously though, this sounds very interesting I hope they pull it off !

zombie RPG ???? I am sorry I cannot say I am the least bit excited about this... vampires they are cool and interesting??? but zombie no thanks,,, they work good for splatter movies or those kind of games but an RPG??? I don't think so.....

unless it is like planescape torment that is.................................................................................................. but I wouldn't call that a "zombie RPG"

Definitely, really, truly promising! Gotta keep my eye on this one.

I think this is one of the better rpg's announced in awhile at least in the indie scene...I can see some pretty good rpg moments just from the tension of trying to stay alive ina city over run by zombies....read the walking dead comics then you will see the potential for this idea. People write of zombie stuff as bad films without seeing some of the really good stuff that is out there. Too bad, your loss.

Back
Top Bottom