Geneforge - Indie Royale Bundle

Well I love my Geneforge saga CD but I'm starting to think the $69.40 premium I paid was a bit steep :)

I want to buy this, but I've never heard of Indie Royale. Can you download the games and keep the installation files forever without logging onto a service a la GOG? If so, I want Geneforge.

Looking through their FAQs it said that if Steam is an icon below the game's pic, you have to go to Steam to access it. However, Geneforge also has an icon for Desura as well. I'm confused.

Well I love my Geneforge saga CD but I'm starting to think the $69.40 premium I paid was a bit steep :)
Indeed. I though it was steep even back in the day when I bought it, but convinced myself then that Mr Vogel was never going to relent and sell his games much cheaper than that (he seemed pretty adamant on it back then). Had someone told me then, that a couple of years on I could get the whole Geneforge Saga for less than 10% of that price, I'd probably would have laughed at their face. Shows you how much I know… Sheesh!

I want to buy this, but I've never heard of Indie Royale. Can you download the games and keep the installation files forever without logging onto a service a la GOG? If so, I want Geneforge.

Looking through their FAQs it said that if Steam is an icon below the game's pic, you have to go to Steam to access it. However, Geneforge also has an icon for Desura as well. I'm confused.

All the games come with standalone installers. I would assume these are DRM-free, but it doesn't say so. All games also come with a Desura key, and some (including Geneforge) come with Steam keys.

All the games come with standalone installers. I would assume these are DRM-free, but it doesn't say so. All games also come with a Desura key, and some (including Geneforge) come with Steam keys.

Thanx man. I think I'm going for it. For less than $6.00, Geneforge 1-5 is a steal.

Just decided to purchase this bundle & ended up paying $6.00 for the hell of it. Gotta say, this was much easier than GOG. The promotion sent me a hyperlink, I clicked it, & there were all the games. I chose to download the ZIP of Geneforge 1-5 (98.61MB), & within minutes, I was up & running.

There are options to redeem the games for Desura & Steam as well, but I don't know why anyone would want that.

There are options to redeem the games for Desura & Steam as well, but I don't know why anyone would want that.
To have all games in one place.

Unepic looks like the best game in the bunch. But then I've never followed the geneforge games, perhaps it's time to read up on it.

Indieroyale is run by Desura, which explains the redemption (?) options there.

I went ahead and bought it. I have Steam (due to Civ V) but hate using it so I passed on the previous sales there on Geneforge. The only Spiderweb game I have played so far has been Avadon, which I only got about 10 hours into before I got distracted. I wanted to try out Geneforge since it seemed pretty unique and for $5.56, you can't really go wrong. If I get a few hours entertainment, its money well spent.

Any idea on how to get the mouse to scroll smoother in Geneforge guys? I know there's an option in the menu, but it still scrolls sluggishly.

Btw, this bundle is so worth it. Geneforge reminds me of Warriors of the Eternal Sun for the Sega Genesis.

It's a fantastic deal for the Geneforge series. Geneforge 5 was a unique RPG experience for me. Haven't payed the others yet. I wish I had gotten this rather than the similar Steam deal, and struggling with the Steam DRM.

Got this for the Geneforge saga, started the first game, already completely charmed by the storytelling and the graphics. Must be a generation thing, but old school graphics trigger my imagination while new ones don't. This is my first Spiderweb game - looking forward to playing the whole saga (over the course of a decade or so? I play slooow.)

Back
Top Bottom