The "I Just Bought" thread

Sadly, mine won't come with the box or manual (but according to the seller, the manuals are also on disc, and if that fails, one can usually find the manual for (relatively) popular games on replacement docs). Still, a grand total of 3½€ for these games seemed too good not to bid on.

Ok that explains it then. Mine was in perfect condition and nothing was missing. :)

My disc just arrived. It is in perfect condition, and so is the case. Shame about the lack of a box, but I'm not a collector, and chances are that the box would just end up taking a lot of space.
wizardry.jpg

the critical fumble deck and critical hit deck.

When my players roll a 1 or 20, I have them pick a card from either deck respectively. Hilarity ensues. I encourage you to check out these cards if you want to put some fun and chaos into your fumbles/criticals besides boring additional damage.

"Fly From Here" by Yes, released yesterday (here, at least).
Plus a pair of new shoes. ;)

Alrik, what do you think of "Fly from Here"? It's amazing that these guys are still making music after all these years. Trever Horne and Geoff Downes on keyboards again sounds interesting!

I'm sorry, but I haven't had time to listen to it yet - but I'll report back as soon as I did !

… Bought the Gothic 3 Collector's Edition today - for only 10 Euros ! O_O

… Just couldn't resist … :blush:

Alrik, what do you think of "Fly from Here"? It's amazing that these guys are still making music after all these years. Trever Horne and Geoff Downes on keyboards again sounds interesting!

Okay, I heard through it this morning.

The very first thing that struck me as odd was - the way how "simple" it sounded !

Gone are the (overly ?) complex compositions of the early eara (Close To The Edge et. al.), yes, the album even doesn't sound as "complex" as the last studio album did (which was "Magnification").

I had a kind of deja vu experience : To me it was as if I had Genesis turning into pop again … At the beginning of the 80s …

And indeed : The whole album sounds very much like "pop music" to me - compared to the complex stuff they did earlier, yes even compared to "Homeworld / The Ladder", the album with the title song of/for the PC strategy game …

But - this doesn't necessarily mean it's bad stuff. Not at all.
I'm just a little bit sad about the apparent loss of complexity …

Well, I must admid that I don't own all albums by Yes - and especially not "Drama". (I own the "YesYears" box, though, once bought cheaply at a closing records shop.)

It reminds me rather of "Talk", but I didn't like that album at all, except the wonderful "Where will you be".

And it reminded me very much of "Anderson Wakeman Bruford Howe" as well.

"Magnification" and "The Ladder" are still my favourite albums by them, followed by "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" and "Symphonic Live". I must admit that I rather like the newer albums.

I bought three things today: Eye drops, an electric shaver and DA: O. Already used the first two and started to play the third.

What are "eye drops" ?

Drops against conjunctivitis. It's a tad ... er ... irritating to wake up with your eyes glued shut. Damned air conditioning.

Ah, I see.

Never had experienced this.

I never had a spell of c. that lasted longer than a day, but now it's day seven and I still see Konrad Adenauer each time I look in the mirror. IF I can look at it. That is, if I can get my eyes to open. But the drops the doc prescribed are great - at least I can see (and type, and play video games ...) again.

Drops against conjunctivitis. It's a tad … er … irritating to wake up with your eyes glued shut. Damned air conditioning.

Be happy that you don't wear contact lenses. Those types of issues are even worse with those things in your eyes. :)

"Gute Besserung", then ! :)

@Alrik: Thank you :)!
@JDR: Luckily I don't have to wear contacts (just -2 so my glasses aren't glass bricks); I tried them and failed miserably - those 2 days were pure horror. My condolences if you have to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom