NWN2 Official Patch 1.03 Released

Neverwinter Nights 2

txa1265

SasqWatch
Check Your Updater. I installed before starting to play again after a ~2 week absence, so I can't speak to much in terms of how performance has changed. But one thing that made me happy - you don't have to re-type the name of your saves each time!

Now that's something which will make me happy as well!! :)

Yay, I hope its good. ;)

Check Your Updater. I installed before starting to play again after a ~2 week absence, so I can't speak to much in terms of how performance has changed. But one thing that made me happy - you don't have to re-type the name of your saves each time!

Yep, that and having to confirm a sale on each and every item.

Sometimes it's the little things that count ='.'=

YOu are certianly brave to continue a save game after a major patch. <shivers!> ;)

Anyone having a problem with the default setting for Quickcast "F"?
It no longer works correctly, I reset it to "Y" it works fine, but if I press the "F" key now it seems to be set to a Mouselook function or something?

Thanks. :)

I have used it extensively in the ~6 hours I've played since patching and had no issues.

YOu are certianly brave to continue a save game after a major patch.

Why is that? Save games getting messed up by a patch is a very, very rare exception and if there is even the slightest clue that save game corruption might occur then the developers usually include big, fat warning signs with the patch and recommend a restart from scratch.
Seriously, I can not recall a single save game corruption incident in my own 10+ years history of PC gaming and I always install new patches pretty much on the same day that they are released. Not a single problem continuing from a save. Ever.

There is an added english hotfix version patch to download as well through your updater.
http://nwvault.ign.com/ has the details for you. It is for those not using an english version OS if I read it right. It pertains to the toolset.

Hey I have noticed others having the same problem with the "F" key for Quickcast not working.
Just to let info be available it seems to fix itself, I reset it and by the time I made it to the Graveyard, "F" was freed from the MouseLook and I was able to reset Quickcast back to "F".
I did try to find something in the ini files but no luck.

Moriendor
"Why is that?"
Well maybe from my time trying to beta test patches for Bloodlines Unofficial Patches and what about G3 and NWN2?
Wasn't part of the problems of the game breaking at initial release 1.0 and then trying to start from 1.1, ugh can't remember the exact patch numbers now.
Anyway, wow 10 years no save game corrutpion from beta patches you must have the Luck feat. ;)

Last edited:
Anyway, wow 10 years no save game corrutpion from beta patches you must have the Luck feat. ;)

I don't install beta patches (just like beta drivers a big no-no IMHO unless you enjoy reinstalling your Windows a lot) and this thread was about the official (non-beta) 1.03 patch ;) .
BTW, I don't have NWN 2 yet and in Gothic III you didn't have to start over either. You just had to unequip items before installing one of the patches to avoid the stats from getting messed up. Those special instructions were included with the patch readme though so -yes- I'll stand by my statement that continuing a save game after a patch has never ever been a problem for me.

There have been a number of games lately that have had patches that made older saves incompatible (Dung Lords, Mage Knight, ...?) - most have known up front, but other games have had no such warning.

There have been a number of games lately that have had patches that made older saves incompatible (Dung Lords, Mage Knight, ...?) - most have known up front, but other games have had no such warning.

OK, but if someone voluntarily plays a game from a "short bus" developer such as Heuristic then I guess you just simply deserve to start over :biggrin: .

Well in Gothic 3 you did, as I mentioned if you used the orginal European release version and then upgraded you couldn't even see your Save game.
Also any game beta patch or not if you in the middle of a quest that gets fixed or edited then you are automaticly effected and proabably broken, since paramiters wil change in the effected quest.
Like I say you were just lucky. ;)

That must be an extreme case having to redo windows or maybe your using games with starforce.
Now I do redo my windows every 6 months to a year, just to get fresh copy, but starforce is the only thing that ever ate my hardrive.

Last edited:
Here is a link about the hotfix for patch 1.04 for all languages. No sense starting a new thread on it.

Mike, was that Dung Lords intentional? roflmao

@Moriendor--I lost every single save game I had when I installed the first patch to HOMMV and I was in the fifth mission of the next to last campaign.(About 30-40 lost hours) It was proabably my fault in some way, though--it usually is;)

Mike, was that Dung Lords intentional? roflmao

A while ago it was shorthand I saw somewhere, but now whenever I am referring to it in a pejorative sense I use that short form ;)

Back
Top Bottom