HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Strategy-RPG Mercenaries Blaze has been released:

Mercenaries Blaze

A story about a corrupt kingdom and a fight for equality -
Mercenaries Blaze is the 5th fantasy tactical simulation RPG by Rideon.

Turn-based battles are carried out on an isometric map. Attack and defense results vary depending on the direction you face, distance and elevation, making gameplay challenging enough to satisfy the even pickiest strategy lovers.
Skillpoints are used to acquire and level up various skills and also to change job classes, allowing character growth customization.

Character design is by Masayoshi Nishimura, a talented dot-art artist and illustrator known for his beautiful artwork. Characters are expressive and diverse, breathing life into a compelling storyline.

Blaze exceed
By filling the gauge at the top corner of the screen, characters will be able to unleash a powerful skill called "Blaze exceed". This skill is unique to each character - it could be a high damage blow or a life-saving party heal strong enough to change the tide of battle.

3D Battle Maps
For the first time in the series, the battle map is in 3D. You can switch your camera viewpoint to each unit and swivel the camera around to view your surroundings - you may even find hidden treasure while using this function!

More freedom
Characters can "Move" after an action during battle. Being able to move either before or after an action increases strategical choices by twofold!

More options
Choose to display or turn off grids, shorten skill animations and speed up "Move" commands. These options will not only help control the pace of battle, but will also be useful for multiple playthroughs.
More information.

Here's an older review from Noisy Pixels:

Been playing it a while now. It does have that Ogre Tactics vibe. So far so good. I can tell more once I play more.

It's a small game download as well. Barely under 1GB. I'll give it a try later.

The game is available to Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico and it's not available here. Go figure!!

The story of this game is once again cliche town, almost an identical copy of Divided Reigns and about every RPG made in the last 30 years by people who can code but can't really write.

It's a shame because the combat is pretty fun, if nothing new either. I'm trying to stick to it because of that alone, but I don't know how long I can stand it.

Hey, if the combat is good and solid, that can overcome a lot of other issues for me. It does help if the story is good as well, and if there's some decent exploration involved.

Looking at this one, haven't jumped on yet.

Back
Top Bottom