Pricewatch!

Also, there is a weekend deal on the Focus Home RPG Bundle at Impulse. For $10, it includes 3 games:
- Silverfall
- Silverfall: Earth Awakening
- Loki

Are any of these worth it?

All 3 are average Diablo clones.

Also, there is a weekend deal on the Focus Home RPG Bundle at Impulse. For $10, it includes 3 games:
- Silverfall
- Silverfall: Earth Awakening
- Loki

Are any of these worth it?

Silverfall was OK, probably the best of the group. Earth Awakening was one of those 'better but worse' things. Both had some terrible design issues. Loki was tiresome after a short time ... it still exhausts me thinking about slogging through the whole thing for review.

Sacred & Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 2, Titan Quest, and others are all better ...

Fallout New Vegas is $12.50 and Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum is$9.99 both on Direct2drive for today only I believe, not sure if these are NA exclusive deals or not.

Looks like that Deals4Dowloads.com site isnt as comprehensive as I thought, it's not showing that special noted above. I've just been hitting that site instead of looking around to all the sites individually.

Looks like that Deals4Dowloads.com site isnt as comprehensive as I thought, it's not showing that special noted above. I've just been hitting that site instead of looking around to all the sites individually.

I do the same - track via RSS. But it isn't perfect as they depend on a combination of checking themselves and the sites sending stuff.

Edit: come to find out D4D *did* have FO:NV deal listed ... but not NWN2

Same here. I just usually check there and assumed it covered all sites. Good thing I checked here. Just bought both.

Well, so much for waiting for the inevitable "GoTY" or "Super Special Epic Complete edition" for Fallout: New Vegas...at that price, I simply can't pass it up any longer. I'm actually surprised that I've held out this long, as Ive always been interested in playing it and had no real reason not to play it since it came out, save for a heavy back-catalog that I've been playing through for several months and limited time.

Yes, the temptation is VERY strong. But i want a hardcopy and have lots of other games to play in the meantime. :)

Gamestop still has it for $20 if you want the box version. I kept meaning to get it but just never got around to it and I like $12.50 better. ;) That's almost the price of the DLCs.

I want the box version WITH all the DLC. The first DLC was well received. I liked the DLC for FO3, so I think it's worth waiting for. Plus I don't wan to support the DLC business model where customers are nickel and dimed for overpriced minor content provided piecemeal.

considering the fallout (3 and new vegas) dlc which is always $10 is often just as long if not longer in some cases than many shooters out there some which go for $60 i think that's a highly weak agrument. this is additional content clearly as most of them, all of new vegas so far, don't even take place in the main game world. even the crappiest fallout dlcs, mothership zeta, and operation anchorage were at least worth $5 and some of the better ones were probably worth over $15 to me.

after just playing Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 that was far and above worth the $10. a different story, new content, different writing, tons of hours by many hands taken as an after effect to the main game. dlc is only nickel and dimed when it is usual cheap crap like most bioware, and when its adding onto a game that may not merit from new designs as much as a full on 3rd/1st person world that can trully off a "new" gaming experience worth an extra price. i see dlcs as no more aggregious than sequels in the first place that don't merit them. i'd rather have devs save money rather than focusing on a beefed up engine and simply beef up the things that cost much less money.

That's a ridiculous comparison. RPGs are not shooters, even though Bioware is moving them in that direction. Don't encourage them.

That also explains why there are few new shooters I play. They have ramped down the content per $ for those as well. I don't buy games with poor value.

Now for something useful...

FEAR Collection (1 and 2, plus expansions, and DLC) - $10 at Steam.

Is FEAR 2 worth $10? I have 1 plus its expansions, already.

I guess it never crossed your mind to just edit your original post?

Great deals though.. especially that FEAR collection.

Back
Top Bottom