Gothic (Gothic 1) Switches won't work in Sleeper Temple.

Jekktis

Watcher
I've just entered the sleeper temple, and after killing several skeletons I entered a room to the left with a pillar in the middle, and three switches, marked with the colors red, white, and purple. Now I'm suppose to turn the switches in that specific order, but it isn't working. If I turn the switch it just turns back as soon as I walk away, the switches don't stick at all.

This game is over 10 years old, so I'm a bit doubtful that anyone will remember how. But I've tried everything, so I might as well ask here.

Google is your friend :) Somebody else had this problem and asked on Steam Gothic forum. The answer was:

"They're supposed to rotate back like that after you use them. To figure out the correct combination to use, go out into the main room with the two gated archways. There's a stone plaque between them with those same colors printed on it, and I'm pretty sure it tells you the order if you read them from left to right.

It's possible that the combinations you think you're using are off. IE, the game may only register a combination after every 3rd turn. So if you turned two stones arbitrarily then tried to do the correct combination, it might not register that as the combo. I'm just guessing here though I don't know if this is the case.

Either way, if you do the combo that's printed on the plaque, and perhaps try it again a few times, you should get through.

If all else fails, you can easily cheat your way through the gates by activating Marvin mode, and pressing K. (open the character stats screen, type in marvin, then close the character screen.)"
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2010711

You're only using the incorrect combination. Gothic had a few serious bugs, but this isn't one of them.

RPGDot used to be the world's biggest English language Gothic forum. So your chances are pretty good to find help here.

IIRC the combination should be in JemyM's FAQ. You can find it on our Gothic game page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom