Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Headed to the movies

Dhruin

SasqWatch
crpgnut sends word the Deus Ex series is headed to the movies:
CBS Films announced in a press release Tuesday that it had secured the film rights to the "Deus Ex" franchise, which currently includes three action-role-playing games: "Deus Ex," "Deus Ex: Invisible War" and "Deus Ex: Human Revolution."
CBS Films says last year's highly reviewed "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" game will serve as "the primary template" for the film. Certainly the game seems like great Hollywood material — what with its futuristic "Blade Runner"-esque setting and its tense, conspiracy-laden story.
More information.

All together now:

Ewe Boll ... Ewe Boll ... Ewe Boll ... !!!! :lol:

Gha! Isn't that a bannable offense?? ;)

Honestly, I get the impression that companies get 10 times more movie rights than they actually use so I'll believe this one when it comes out.

Ewe Boll … Ewe Boll … Ewe Boll … !!!! :lol:

Turn off the lights, look into a mirror, and repeat that fearsome name three times…
But prepare yourself for a long boring death as Ewe Boll suddenly appears to screen his latest movie for you.

Last edited:
Who's Ewe Boll? I assume you guys are referring to Uwe Boll, the only director that has the balls to do game -> movies. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the skills or financial backing to go with the balls, so the end result is usually pretty shabby.

I'm not a big movie watcher, but I liked the character Hawkeye in the Avengers movie and thought he might make a good main character for Deus Ex.

I liked the character Hawkeye from comics even more. But to put him in Deus Ex? Nah.

Who's Ewe Boll? I assume you guys are referring to Uwe Boll, the only director that has the balls to do game -> movies. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the skills or financial backing to go with the balls, so the end result is usually pretty shabby.

Yes indeedee ... I did in fact mean that master of the cinematic oeuvre, Mr Uwe Boll. I was mortified when waking up in the middle of the night, last night, and suddenly discovering that I had spelt his name wrong. Ooops ... sorry about that. But now we all have a new image of that maestro of terrible game adaptations in our heads. He indeed is a now not only a terrible film director, but also, allegedly, a sheep of the female persuasion :D. Lord luv a duck etc ...

Oh god maybe if Boll directed it he could get Adam Sandler or ... gasp ... Rob Schneider to star in it. That might bring in the big money. The horror ... the horror ...

And now back to your featured presentation ... the 3D film version of Legends of Grimrock but without an automap feature lol.

True since no other company or director has the balls to make game adaptions at all. Gotta give him credit since every movie he makes is considered trash.

Hell I enjoyed a few since I only paid a few dollars for the dvd's.

Postal was great. However we arent getting Uwe according to the article ;)

"Lee worked as a producer on the American versions of "The Ring" and "The Grudge" as well as on "How To Train Your Dragon," "The Departed" and "The Woman in Black."

Scrap the movie and use the money to finance another game done by the same team.

Oh come on, this movie will be great. The director totally proved himself with his past films despite all kinds of negative pre-filming vibes plus you have a talented cast along with all the stunning scenery of New Zealand!

Wait, we're talking about _The Hobbit_ right?

I know, it's like an early Xmas present, right ;)

Back
Top Bottom