NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - New Screenshots and Trailer @ NWN2 Vault

magerette

Hedgewitch
NWN2Vault has five new screenshots from Obsidian's soon to be released title, Mask of the Betrayer, as well as a new video showing off some of the NWN2 expansion's epic feats.

Thanks, Lucky Day!
More information.

The process of resting has changed which is directly tied to the spirit energy as well. You can now either camp for eight hours or wait till dusk, and all of this shows up in a new dialog and actually affects the passage of time. So eight hours will pass if you choose to rest which will also drain your Spirit Energy, which makes resting much more strategic now. On one hand resting give your hitpoints and spells but at the same time can kill you if your spirit energy gets too low.

I like the sound of this as a game mechanic. I'm going to assume that you restore your soul energy by killing monsters. So if you rest between every single fight, you won't be restoring enough spirit energy. In effect this puts a limit on how often you can rest, which will improve game balance a lot. The idea of doing the Warlock for the OC sounded interesting at first, given that the main draw of the Warlock is that it's a caster-type that doesn't run out of resources (other than health). When it turned out that you could rest as often as you liked, wherever you liked, I was left scratching ym head a bit. What the hell was the point of putting in the Warlock if rest is unlimited?

Anyhow, this should help restore some balance to the game. I always tried to impose limits on myself when it came to resting in the OC, and challenge myself to go as for as long as possible without resting. I really enjoy the combat in NWN2, but you need to find ways to keep it challenging.

On that note, the mod Nighthowls in Nestlehaven has some challenging combat, and is generaly a top-notch mod. MLM was saying somewhere that the combat in Purgatorio is pretty hard as well, and it has a death system like the IE games. If companions die, they don't just get up after the combat, you have to rez them with a spell/item or take their body to someone who can.

Mmmm, lots of RPG goodness approaching. MotB, The Witcher, and Puurgatorio all look awesome. The last RPG I thought was awesome was VTM:B, which is nearly 3 years old. Now I may get three of them in as many months.

yes indeed, that resting was kinda lame. Even tho you dont have to use it I guess, I tried to never rest unless in a friendly city building or at one of those encampments. I didnt finish the game (yet) tho, so I suppose when (and if) the game gets really difficult, I prolly would eventually have to break down and quickly rest and recharge.

Back
Top Bottom