Kingdom Come - From The Ashes DLC Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
From The Ashes has been released for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

ABOUT THIS CONTENT
The first DLC for Kingdom Come: Deliverance introduces an entirely new type of adventure! You have an opportunity to participate in building a new village from the ground up and experience first-hand what it was like to create a new settlement.

As a newly appointed bailiff, you must decide what buildings to erect and what people to bring in, and you must also settle disputes between the villagers. Each building is unique and comes with its own upgrades, material and labour requirements, so you will face some difficult decisions.

A bailiff's lot is not an easy one, but he can still enjoy some fun after a hard day's work. Get yourself one of the new horses available and take it for a ride, throw a few dice against seasoned players in your new local tavern, match your skills against variously skilled opponents in your combat arena or just rest at home in your own comfortably furnished house.
More information.

Whoever knew that base building would become so popular in crpg's. I would rather see a DLC that adds orcs and monsters to run away from.

This is not goblins&orcs game. If you want that, perhaps you should go for Shadow of Mordor. I wouldn't suggest it normally, but apparently Warner removed (or will removed any day from now) stupid pay2win microtransactions from it. Yes, this means I'll probably buy it too in the end. When it drops the price on 5-10 bucks.

In KCD release version there is a possibility to get Hal his own "house" (was bugged initially as you still had to lockpick doors on day/night cycle, dunno if that was fixed/changed). There was no fan of KCD who wasn't trying to get that place and hell, Hal deserved a proper home instead of silly bedds at inns.

Here's hope DLC adds a proper room for Hal. With a big bed, those girls in the game need to be spoiled. :)

Oddly, it's not specified if this DLC is postgame content. It doesn't look like something you should concentrate early on.

Just a heads up on how you start this DLC.
You need to go to Tamblerk castle and speak with Sir Dziwsz. Now, this fellow does like to move around. We found him in the prayer room, but he has also been seen on the castle walls.

We’re also hearing that it might be bugged for some players. So, if Sir Dziwsz isn’t there, try restarting your save point. Also, you can’t start From The Ashes until you’ve completed Nest of Vipers.

you can’t start From The Ashes until you’ve completed Nest of Vipers.
That's what I was asking. Okay, not postgame but lategame which is logical - it'd be silly you get a job before earning some trust.
it might be bugged for some players.
Or it might be trust related aka someone fastruns the game ignoring sidequests.
this fellow does like to move around. We found him in the prayer room, but he has also been seen on the castle walls.
Seriously? LOL
All NPCs in the game are lollygaggin', but also all have their default starting place. Different during day and during night. All you need is to sleep nearby and then find a NPC at their default spot. Which is, OMG whatta discovery - a bed.
I mean, that's how you get Hans' quests when "he's nowhere to be found" while some find him walking on street, some at inn, some god knows where. And all you need to do was just sleep till morning and then go to his room.

Note that in the release version the yellow hood guy from mines sleeps constantly when outside of mines (a sidequest). The workaround is sleeping an hour when he'll be forced by a script to switch beds - while he's walking towards one, that's a minute long window when you can trigger a dialogue with him. Dunno if this was fixed in the meantime.

Skyrim 2. Just kidding, when it comes to bugs, KCD had plenty, but nothing can compare with Skyrim's number of bugs. Nothing.

Actually yes.
You raze that village in the main game before this rebuild.

nothing can compare with Skyrim's number of bugs. Nothing.

What about bugs of Gothic 3? Or Gothic 3 DLC? Tough competition, right? :)

I would love if someone made a chart for research.:biggrin:

Oh sure, now you can raise a village. But can you raze one? :p

Except I thought the quote was "It takes a village to raze a child"

Look it's our bailiff, come to see us again!

Not really. As much as I tried I couldn't break Gothic 3 main quest. It's possible I missed some gamestopper, so I won't say there is no critical fail.
Never heard of Gothic 3 DLC.

Fully patched Skyrim? Broke the main quest twice. Unintentionally.
Heard about Skyrim DLC and in fact played it. Dragonborn DLC does not have any bug (not counting a few inherited from the main game) and I believe I've written already that to me, based on it's quality and level of polish, it seems Dragonborn wasn't made by the same team who made Skyrim.

It's best to pretend that JoWood's cash-in wannabe turd never existed.

I think by "Gothic 3 DLC" they meant Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods which isn't a DLC but rather a stand alone game (a pretty bad one at that).

Yeah, that game was a complete abomination, and I pretend it doesn't exist when I think about the Gothic series. At least it wasn't developed by Piranha Bytes, and it's not considered canon.

Yeah, that game was a complete abomination, and I pretend it doesn't exist when I think about the Gothic series. At least it wasn't developed by Piranha Bytes, and it's not considered canon.

I admit I never actually played it. But I did read a lot of reviews for it (both "professional" and opinions about it on websites including the Watch and others). I also watched maybe an hour's worth of gameplay on Youtube. From my reading and watching though it was obvious to me the game is a terrible miscarriage of the Gothic series… appearing to be far worse even than Arcania (which I played about 10 hours before quitting) which is really saying something.

I played it for 10 seconds. That, and the intro was enough for a panicky alt+f4+uninstall.
Never finished it as I was unlucky to play it on launch and it was terrible. It's a shame that Arcania was based on that game, but it to was disappointing.

At least Arcania was playable and I found some enjoyment from it.

Back
Top Bottom