Gaming has never been so much fun ;)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Sometimes I feel like a little kid in a candy store with everything for free.

GoG.com and several abandonware sites allow me to explore even the last game I still don't know. Cudos to all the great emulators (DOSBox, WinUAE, ...) as well.

All the new Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects with great new ideas and game concepts (or revitalizing some good old concepts) are catapulting my count of new game purchases and playtroughs sky high.

Sites like the Watch and the Codex allow me to discuss every aspect about games worldwide and I can get gaming news close to real-time.

The year 2014 with the release of many cool cRPGs is and will be simply great.

Yeah, there are plenty of games I'm looking forward to. The new Wolf3D just came out and I'm downloading it now! :D

What else… I have quite a few on my radar!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Lord of the Fallen
Divinity: Original Sin
Grim Dawn
Torment
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Age of Decadence
Mount and Blade 2
Hellraid

To name just a few!

Yeah, there are plenty of games I'm looking forward to. The new Wolf3D just came out and I'm downloading it now! :D

Lord of the Fallen
Grim Dawn
Torment
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Age of Decadence
Mount and Blade 2
Hellraid

To name just a few!

Well, of all the crappy mainstream review sites, I tend to rely on Gamespot the most - and they just gave Wolfenstein 8/10. So it can't be all bad, though I doubt it's for me.

As for the games on your list, I'm looking forward to D:OS, Deliverance and PoE - though I can't say any of them seem all that exciting.

Deliverance sounds like it might do something new, but talk is cheap.

I love the cooperative aspect of D:OS - and it'd be the perfect game to play with a partner. As a solo game, however, I'm not sure it'll be all that exciting. The EA version is all but finished - and it's cool and all, but not really new. I do love the turn-based combat, though.

PoE looks good, but it'll be BG with a new skin.

The new Wolf3D just came out and I'm downloading it now! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201810/
Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850

Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

O_O

What, the record to set now is the size of the installation?
Good luck to those who live in Australia and don't have flatrate…

Anyway… Gaming overall is not so much fun. But cRPG (SINGLEPLAYER!) gaming, after the draught last year, definetly is.

Torment
Pillars of Eternity
Age of Decadence

Add to that for me:

Wasteland 2
Lords of Xulima
Dead State etc

Roguelikish indies Like the Darkest Dungeon, Starcrawlers, and Below.
Survival stuff like the Forest and In The Long Dark.
Adventures like The last journey and Shadowgate and the Gabriel Knight 1 remakes.

Arpgs like the Risen 3 and the Witcher 3 and whatever PB FROM and CDPR cook for me in the future :)

And I can always replay the old time favorites for which the atmosphere and gameplay carry them by themselves (or a few years have passed and the finer details dim a bit ;) )

NAh, I am set (Thats the only reason I put up with paying so much money for a decent PC at this day and age) so long as I pace myself and get back on my books for a bit(*) when I feel burned out :)

(* apparently a week or so is enough considering I am now on my #2 DS2 run :D)

Gaming has become better, yes. :)

But the "Retro Wave" hasn't not only taken gaming with itself, also the music sector is affected : Lots of remasters popping out of nowhere, older bands coming back, etc. ...

Indeed like a kid in a candy store. But how much candy can you eat - there is plenty of it!

Watch Dogs
Risen 3
Witcher 3

that I am looking forward to, after I upgrade my 5 year old PC hardware - he said looking at how much work he needs to do :-/.

I have to say there is justice and balance in the universe. First I played RPGs in my PC, and I was a happy camper. Then came the drought, but right then is when the PS2 came around to take over my RPG needs. Now that the PC has an RPG resurgence, console devs decided they didn't like to do the type of RPGs I wanted anymore, i.e. turn based or slow paced, even jRPGs have turned into button smashers including the next Final Fantasy which is now an action RPG... thanks PC!. So as long as there is somewhere I can find the RPGs I like, I'm in good shape.

It still seemed a little better when I was younger. :)

That said, my problem isn't that gaming isn't fun, it's that most of us don't have the time for it that we used to.

Elite comes back this year: Elite Dangerous
Ghost of a Tale will be great, too.
Heroes of a broken Land

Lord of the Fallen
Grim Dawn
Torment
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Age of Decadence
Mount and Blade 2
Hellraid

To name just a few!

I agree with SirJames list, and I feel like I'm young again. The only two problems I foresee are finding time to play them, and hoping none get delayed more.:faint:
Heroes of a broken Land

Isn't that game out already as I posted a few news-bits about it patches?:thinking:

I'm still waiting for their final patch - I'm getting one all two weeks or so...

It's an amazing time to be gaming, that's for sure. Amazing time to be alive in general. The rate of new technology pushing the boundaries is very exciting.

Back
Top Bottom