Greedfall - Gold Edition and DLC Available June 30th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Focus Home Interactive is now listing Greedfall Gold Edition and an upcoming DLC on their website. The DLC and Gold Edition is due to release June 30th.

Gold Edition

Get the full RPG experience with GreedFall's Gold Edition, including the base game & expansion. Explore uncharted lands filled with magic, secrets and creatures. With diplomacy, deception and force, influence a living world to shape your story.

• Engage in a core RPG experience - achieve quests and complete objectives in a multitude of different ways: combat, diplomacy, deception, or stealth.
  • Complete freedom in character progression - play as a male or female, customize your appearance, and freely choose your abilities, spells and skills.
  • Delve into a mysterious world of magic - begin a grand journey and uncover ancient secrets protected by supernatural beings
The De Vespe Conspiracy *

Explore a new region on Teer Fradee, facing unfamiliar foes as you navigate a web of intrigue and unravel the de Vespe conspiracy. This expansion brings new enemies and gear with a twisting narrative that expands on GreedFall's acclaimed story.

• Experience an engrossing new adventure to unravel a conspiracy
  • Explore the new Aidág ol creidaw region - also known as "The Flaming Blood"
  • Find and craft new weapons and costumes
  • Fight new beasts and human enemy types
* Requires the base game to run
More information.

Never played the game, wonder if it is any good... Did enjoyed games like ELEX and the like, wondering if this game feels a bit similar...

The Gold Edition and DLC are available today.

Never played the game, wonder if it is any good… Did enjoyed games like ELEX and the like, wondering if this game feels a bit similar…

Personally, I think so. But I'm always told that's not true and it's like a Bioware game. Feels nothing like a Bioware game to me, but it feels a whole lot like a Piranha Bytes game.

I loved the game, really enjoyed it, so will be playing it again with this new content.

Never played the game, wonder if it is any good… Did enjoyed games like ELEX and the like, wondering if this game feels a bit similar…

That depends. What did you enjoy about Elex? If it was the freedom and exploration, then no, Greedfall isn't similar. It's not really open-world, and the way the maps were designed limits exploration in certain ways.

I'd say Greedfall's strong points are the combat and story/characters, though the latter is more subjective.

It's not really open-world, and the way the maps were designed limits exploration in certain ways.

The pathways are constrained, that part is true. I compared it to Kingdoms of Amalur in aother thread, if you've played that. But not being similar exploration, that part I don't agree with. There are fights/lore & quest related stuff/loot to find that nothing ever directs you to. You look around the maps to find them. And you do a lot of what constitutes 75% of "exploring" in PB games: picking up various crafting items.

The pathways are constrained, that part is true. I compared it to Kingdoms of Amalur in aother thread, if you've played that. But not being similar exploration, that part I don't agree with. There are fights/lore & quest related stuff/loot to find that nothing ever directs you to. You look around the maps to find them. And you do a lot of what constitutes 75% of "exploring" in PB games: picking up various crafting items.

There's not really much to find in Greedfall compared to something like Elex, and many things don't even appear until you've started the quest that activates them.

But when I say exploration, I'm referring mostly to the freedom you have in traversing the game world. That's where they're not comparable at all. Greedfall is basically just a series of large corridors that you're herded through, and you can't jump, climb, swim, etc, except in a few context-sensitive spots.

But when I say exploration, I'm referring mostly to the freedom you have in traversing the game world. That's where they're not comparable at all. Greedfall is basically just a series of large corridors that you're herded through, and you can't jump, climb, swim, etc, except in a few context-sensitive spots.

No argument there, I just always put the emphasis on what you can find when you explore and that's imo pretty similar between Greedfall and PB games. For me, that's the motivation to explore. The actual means of traversal is just the means to an end, though I readily admit that climbing up to a vine strewn cave and finding something is more interesting that just going to the end of a set path and finding that same thing.

No argument there, I just always put the emphasis on what you can find when you explore and that's imo pretty similar between Greedfall and PB games. For me, that's the motivation to explore. The actual means of traversal is just the means to an end, though I readily admit that climbing up to a vine strewn cave and finding something is more interesting that just going to the end of a set path and finding that same thing.

Yeah, I didn't find Greedfall very similar to a PB game in that way either. The maps felt somewhat barren to me in terms of interesting things to find. You can harvest plants, etc, and there's the occasional chest here and there, but almost nothing is hidden in any sort of way, and very few places seem like they have a story to tell.

Personally, I think so. But I'm always told that's not true and it's like a Bioware game. Feels nothing like a Bioware game to me, but it feels a whole lot like a Piranha Bytes game.

what i would liked to hear!

Back
Top Bottom