Starsector - Single Player Space RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Starsector is described as an open-world single player game featuring space combat alongside roleplaying, exploration, and economic aspects.

Though it is in-development, you can purchase Starsector now at a discount to gain access to ongoing builds. Starsector supports custom content & mods and is available now for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

Current Features

• Pilot your ship in top-down 2D combat
  • Command your fleet in tactical battles
  • Gain experience to level up your skills
  • Detailed space combat mechanics
  • Customize your ship's loadout before battle
  • Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations
  • Explore war-torn star systems
  • Exploit events to trade goods for profit
  • Win the favor or scorn of powerful factions
  • Discover new worlds and salvage lost derelicts
  • Mod support for diverse user-made content
  • Claim new worlds, build outposts and industry
More information.

It's been developped for years now and promisedly, SP only.

This game has been in development since at least 2012 by 1 guy with help from a few others I have countless hours as I bought in at the start. As it is a sand box space adventure it is fun to give it a spin after every update to see the universe expand and the game play be refined.

It has been a long journey and I look forward to seeing where it all ends.

There are just so few decent space-faring games that I'm definitely going to give this one a shot, once it's fully released.
Second me on that. I'll wait for it's full release to play.

This has been in development hell forever. Great graphics, amazing explosions, particle effect and sound. I would prefer the game in TURN-BASED mode.

I'm still hoping for some kind of successor (be it actual or spiritual) to Space Rangers 2. This looks like it's lacking the charm of that title, but sounds fun none the less.

Last edited:
This has been in development hell forever. Great graphics, amazing explosions, particle effect and sound. I would prefer the game in TURN-BASED mode.
Well I would prefer a game for PC and not phones. Combat system, as usual, in my case doesn't matter.

Well I would prefer a game for PC and not phones.

Sorry, I thought you were the "phone guy" on the Watch who only cares about phone games..? I mean, it's all you talk about.

I wish it was only me.

Back
Top Bottom