Can't connect to Nexus Skyrim.

zahratustra

SasqWatch
I can connect to all other Nexus sites (Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc) but I can't connect to Nexus Skyrim!? With Chrome: "Chrome could not find skyrim.nexusmods.com" and with IE: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"! Does anybody have an idea what is happening? TIA

It has to do with server overlord. I logged on earlier and each server had over 3,000 people. They worked for me just a little slow.

Last edited:
Thanks CP I thought that I am going crazy or have VERY picky virus! :)
Still can't connect even though my wife can...

Last edited:
It's better now Thrasher. Not ok but better. Can get there most of the time.

I used to click on a screenshot and wait 10s of seconds for it to display. And that's the least of it... I don't have the patience for bad sites.... Too bad it's the only game in town for Skyrim. :(

True that!

That's the rub Thrasher. Despite being a pain in the ass I have gotten used to nexus over the years. Hope that Steam can come up with something better rather than hoping to attract people just because they are Steam…

Have you noticed this bit: "Once you’ve subscribed to some mods, start the Skyrim launcher and you’ll see your subscribed mods automatically download. The launcher will even check if a mod has been updated and grab the latest version."?

I DON'T want steam to download anything, even subscribed mods, automatically. I hope it's an option you can switch on and off...

Yeah, I saw that. It made me shiver. :p ;)

Damn auto-updating crap. So once again you have to go to offline mode to prevent an autoupdate of a mod? It would be nice if it only updated if it were certain the update is compatible with all your other mods. But that would require some actual engineering thought. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Plus I have used mods, not many but some, where I have preferred older versions to never ones.

Sorry!

We're pretty overloaded right now with the amazing success and popularity of Skyrim. We're currently handling around 500 requests a second on this server alone, pushing through some 200Mb/sec of bandwidth so things might just be a little slow for a bit.

We're constantly monitoring the situation and trying to tweak everything we can out of the servers, so if you're struggling for more than a couple of minutes please come back a little bit later.

Thanks for your patience during this exciting time,

Dark0ne

Looks like its down again.

Back
Top Bottom