Gears Tactics - First Content Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Destructoid reports that Gears Tactics is set to get its first content update soon as it heads to consoles.

The fight is about to get a lot feistier. Gears Tactics is coming to consoles on November 10, that much we already knew. That's when Splash Damages' surprisingly good Gears strategy game gets its first major content update.

There are a few different talking points regarding the November 10 update, but the eye-catcher is the introduction of Jack the robot as a playable character. Jack isn't some repurposed unit jammed into another class either. He's his own class and he's equipped with more than 20 new skills. Jack's most notable ability is hijacking and controlling Locust units.

Jack has been a Gears mainstay but this is only the second time he'll be playable. In Gears 5, Jack was a third co-op option that offered a lighter and lower-stakes alternative to the usual COG characters. Gears Tactics looks as though it uses Jack's model from Gears 5, but Tactics took place more than a decade before the original Gears of War. Jack was iterated upon several times over the course of the series. If you want to get knee-deep in the lore, you can try to figure out which one is Tactics Jack.

[...]
More information.

This game requires a MS SPYWARE service to run on the gamer's PC.

B O Y C O T T W A R E !!

This game requires a MS SPYWARE service to run on the gamer's PC.

B O Y C O T T W A R E !!

Ridiculous. I mean complete bat shit crazy.

Hekuva good tactics game... yes, a little pricey (though I played it on GamePass for $5) but definitely a game any tactics fan should play! Oh, and you get free spyware with it. Lol.

Lol. Yeah, whatever you do, don't install Microsoft spyware on your Microsoft operating system. :p

I've been meaning to check this one out. Looks like my cup of tea, with a nice crunchy feel to it.

I'm playing it right now. I got the ms spyware app for crusader Kings 3 but noticed this was on there so started playing it.

It's a lot of fun but it's too linear. There's no way I can play this multiple time like I have xcom2.

Combat is very enjoyable though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom